UI help for community science app?

Nick Shapiro

Nov 22, 2017, 2:08:54 PM11/22/17
to plot...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dev group!

I just posted a question about how we might get some probono UI help on an app that our interdisciplinary team has put together to make robust readings of $5 color changing formaldehyde badges (and hopefully soon many other kinds of chemicals).

Here is the question:

many of the coders are new to open source so any guidance in github would be great!

kind thanks everyone and happy holidays,
Nick

Jeffrey Warren

Nov 22, 2017, 3:12:58 PM11/22/17
to Nick Shapiro, plot...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Nick! I responded on the question, and particularly mentioned this page:

There's also some good stuff over here: https://publiclab.org/wiki/developers

Nick Shapiro

Nov 22, 2017, 6:03:34 PM11/22/17
to Jeffrey Warren, plot...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Jeff!

I found https://publiclab.org/wiki/developers#First+time+contributors and the next two headings to be really helpful! I'll incorporate those into our contributing.md

Also thanks to your help i've clarified our UI desire to: wanting to ask people how they think the UI would ideally work, essentially starting with a blank sheet.

Thanks again!

Jeffrey Warren

Nov 28, 2017, 12:57:23 PM11/28/17
to Nick Shapiro, plot...@googlegroups.com
And regarding outreach and community building, i've also started building out this set of resources:

Been meaning to post the next blog post on here asap, but been a bit overwhelmed after the holidays -- but i will soon!

Jeff

Nick Shapiro

Dec 4, 2017, 6:39:31 PM12/4/17
to Jeffrey Warren, plot...@googlegroups.com