[request] 1-sentence updates! Plus: travling

0 просмотров

Jeffrey Warren

не прочитано,
17 июл. 2017 г., 21:11:4217.07.2017
– plot...@googlegroups.com, David Days-Publiclab, Ashan Priyadarshana, Mridul Nagpal, stellamaris njage, Sebastian Silva, Ujitha Perera, Chinmay Pandhare, ryzokuken, stevie, Liz Barry, Shelby L Firebaugh, Lillian Korinek, Ananyo Maiti
Hi, all!

Just wanted to write in and say I'll be traveling tomorrow night, for a week -- so I may not be responding as quickly as usual, but would like to ask you all to please rely on one another if you have questions or need input!

You've all learned a great deal about these codebases in a short period of time, and I'm convinced you can help one another, whether it's with troubleshooting, or planning, or reviewing new code.

Please use the callout `@publiclab/soc` in your PRs and in comments if you'd like to call for input from everyone else. Please also do so on one anothers' projects if you think the other person needs some input! And finally, look out for where you may be able to help a fellow SoC participant take the next step, and speak up!

Your projects are growing and doing really well -- and starting to have more and more points of overlap as they become more complex. Congrats to everyone for doing so well!

For starters, can everyone send in a 1-sentence update, just to kick off the conversation?

I know some of you now have demos to show :-) especially tonight as I've just published the latest master branch to production on PublicLab.org!

Jeff

Chinmay Pandhare

не прочитано,
18 июл. 2017 г., 14:14:4218.07.2017
– Jeffrey Warren, plot...@googlegroups.com, David Days-Publiclab, Ashan Priyadarshana, Mridul Nagpal, stellamaris njage, Sebastian Silva, Ujitha Perera, ryzokuken, stevie, Liz Barry, Shelby L Firebaugh, Lillian Korinek, Ananyo Maiti
Hello!

I have been able to implement port some interesting image processing algorithms to Image Sequencer. I have not made much success with demos, I have just made a basic demo, which doesn’t fully show the capabilities of Image Sequencer, even as of now. It can be found at https://ccpandhare.github.io/image-sequencer/examples/fisheye . It demonstrates the removal of Barrel Distortion (Fisheye Distortion) from an image. Such images are produced when wide-angle lenses are used for photography.

What have you guys been doing?

Chinmay Pandhare

Ujjwal Sharma

не прочитано,
18 июл. 2017 г., 14:23:4918.07.2017
– Chinmay Pandhare, Jeffrey Warren, plot...@googlegroups.com, David Days-Publiclab, Ashan Priyadarshana, Mridul Nagpal, stellamaris njage, Sebastian Silva, Ujitha Perera, stevie, Liz Barry, Shelby L Firebaugh, Lillian Korinek, Ananyo Maiti

Hi everyone!

I have been on that particular phase of the plotsbot project that allows the bot to interact with the publiclab.org website.

A user can now comment on the website using a user token, which allows us to make the bot to comment on posts. This opens up a lot of possibilities regarding behaviours.

We have been having a ton of new contributors, which is awesome. Looking forward to having more awesome times with you people.

Best,
Ujjwal

Shelby L Firebaugh

не прочитано,
18 июл. 2017 г., 18:53:5818.07.2017
– Ujjwal Sharma, Chinmay Pandhare, Jeffrey Warren, plot...@googlegroups.com, David Days-Publiclab, Ashan Priyadarshana, Mridul Nagpal, stellamaris njage, Sebastian Silva, Ujitha Perera, stevie, Liz Barry, Lillian Korinek, Ananyo Maiti
Hello!

Lillian and I are currently working on implementing a more user-friendly way for people to add power tags to their wikis and research notes. Neither of us have worked on a large website like this before or learned any backend development, so there was a pretty steep learning curve for us getting into this project. But we met with one of our professors today who is acting as a coach for us, and now we feel much more confident in understanding what we need to do.

Our next step is figuring out how to retrieve a list of the power tags from the API so that we can allow users to select one from a dropdown menu.

The PublicLab community has already given us such great support in this project. We are extremely grateful that there are people willing to help us newcomers, and we look forward to continuing to work alongside you all!

Thank you~

Shelby and Lilly
--
Shelby L Firebaugh
NYU Tandon School of Engineering

Jeffrey Warren

не прочитано,
18 июл. 2017 г., 19:32:4518.07.2017
– Shelby L Firebaugh, Ashan Priyadarshana, stellamaris njage, Mridul Nagpal, Ananyo Maiti, Liz Barry, Sebastian Silva, Ujitha Perera, David Days-Publiclab, Chinmay Pandhare, stevie, Lillian Korinek, Ujjwal Sharma, plot...@googlegroups.com
Hi all! So great to see what you're all working on.

Just a tip for Shelby and Lillian - we don't currently have an API call for listing all powertags; the best listing is currently just at publiclab.org/wiki/power-tags (though we should eventually fix that!)

Hope that helps! Taking off now :-) 🛫

Shelby L Firebaugh

не прочитано,
18 июл. 2017 г., 19:46:1718.07.2017
– Jeffrey Warren, Ashan Priyadarshana, stellamaris njage, Mridul Nagpal, Ananyo Maiti, Liz Barry, Sebastian Silva, Ujitha Perera, David Days-Publiclab, Chinmay Pandhare, stevie, Lillian Korinek, Ujjwal Sharma, plot...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Jeff, we'll look into that. Have a great trip!