REMINDER: Brainstorm a family hackerspace! Thursday night @ Parts and Crafts

1 view

Katie Gradowski

Jul 22, 2014, 9:30:36 PM7/22/14
to parts-and-crafts-b...@googlegroups.com, sprout-...@googlegroups.com, Artisan's Asylum Discussion List, plots-...@googlegroups.com
A family hackerspace @ Parts and Crafts!(?)

Starting in Fall 2014, we are hoping to shift our afterschool programs pay-per-class to a voluntary membership model -- sort of like NPR or PBS, with sustaining memberships to help fundraise and keep the space going. Our hope is offer more and wider variability in terms of classes, and also figure out a way to offer more stuff for free  (or very close to free)

We have lots of ideas and lots of questions!   How much would it cost?    What workshops do people want to see?   What pieces are we missing?  How do we pair with other groups?  (like PLOTS! or Sprout! or Artisan's!) to leverage the awesome things already happening in Somerville?   How do we make it great?!   To try to answer these questions, we are reaching out to local parents, educators and community-minded folks (i.e YOU!) to do some collaborative brainstorming with staff (i.e. US!) to hash out how it would actually work.

What:  Brainstorm a family hackerspace!
When: Thursday July 24, 5:30-7 pm
Where:  577 Somerville Ave
Who: You and your family!