Fwd: Ready to celebrate? Save the date!

Jeffrey Warren

Nov 2, 2015, 5:35:54 PM11/2/15
to plots-...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Sylvia Broude, Toxics Action Center Executive Director" <act...@toxicsaction.org>
Date: Nov 2, 2015 2:00 PM
Subject: Ready to celebrate? Save the date!
To: <je...@publiclaboratory.org>

Jeff,

From Pilgrim Nuclear Power Plant announcing plans for retirement to a commitment to get to Zero Waste in Boston -- there's a lot of amazing victories to celebrate this year.

Let’s toast grassroots activism at our annual Massachusetts Activism Celebration!

And while we have a lot of fantastic work to be proud of this past year, there's still more to do to make our communities truly healthy and safe. This year we're thrilled to highlight work we're doing with our allies at the Lowell Center for Sustainable Production and Jamaica Plain New Economy Transition to build a movement for a Cancer-Free Economy.

There's growing evidence every year linking toxic chemicals in the environment and in the workplace to cancer. Many of these chemicals have safer alternatives, and by making the switch we can prevent cancer.

That's why we're supporting community and business practices that reduce exposure to carcinogens. This year, two locally-owned and operated businesses in Jamaica Plain, J&P Cleaners and Salcedo Auto Center, converted their workplaces to safer alternatives. At this year's event we'll learn how even more businesses and community members can join the movement for a Cancer-Free Economy.

Join us at our annual celebration on Monday, November 30th, 7:00pm-9:00pm at the Urbano Project Art Gallery. You'll meet other supporters, activists and members, celebrate, and learn more about the amazing community activism that is happening across the state. And of course we’ll have some great food and drinks!

I hope I’ll see you there.

Cheers,
Sylvia Broude

Executive Director
Toxics Action Center

P.S. -
If you're not able to join us in person to celebrate, please consider making a special donation to support activism for a Cancer-Free Economy.

Toxics Action Center
294 Washington St., Suite 500, Boston, MA 02108
Facebook | Twitter | Donate

If you want us to stop sending you e-mail then follow this link -- Unsubscribe