İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

kanarinka

okunmadı,
19 Şub 2017 09:10:0819.02.2017
alıcı plots-...@googlegroups.com
FYI! Today at noon!

---
Assistant Professor of Civic Media and Data Visualization, Emerson College
Fellow, Emerson Engagement Lab
Research Affiliate, MIT Center for Civic Media

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: The Daily Resist <oneactofres...@tutanota.com>
Date: Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 9:08 AM
Subject: Today's Daily Resist: Stand Up for Science TODAY at 12pm Copley Square
To: <kana...@gmail.com>

Today’s Action

#StandUpForScience! Join scientists, allies and impacted communities at a rally in Boston TODAY AT 12PM while thousands of scientists will be in town for the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) annual conference—the first one since anti-science forces and climate deniers have taken office.

Logistics:

  • When: Today (Sun 2/19) at 12:00pm
  • Where: Copley Square, 560 Boylston St, Boston MA
  • More Details: #StandUpForScience

If you can't make it in person

What Is This Gathering For?

Science serves the common good. It protects the health of our communities, the safety of our families, and the future we all want to live in and preserve for coming generations. But it’s under attack - both science itself, and the unalienable rights that scientists help uphold and protect. The annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) brings thousands of scientists together in Boston and offers up a global stage to send an important message at this pivotal moment: we must Stand Up for Science!

Why Take This Action:

  • Science must serve the interests of all people, not just those in power and we must protect government scientists from censorship or suppression.
  • Climate change is real, human caused, and an urgent threat. We must support climate science research and evidence-based policy aimed at mitigating climate change and addressing its impacts.
  • Showing up in person demonstrates collective outrage, builds solidarity, and gives us hope by looking at awesomely creative signs.

Send Us Daily Actions

Reply to this email to send us small actions that people in Greater Boston should take to resist. Actions could be related to national petitions, local gatherings or helping individuals from our local community who are affected by the new and unjust policies of this administration. We particularly want to support real facts and civil discourse, fight climate change denial, and show solidarity with the groups most targeted, including immigrants, refugees, Muslims, people of color, and women.

About the Daily Resist - Boston Edition

By subscribing to the Daily Resist you pledge to do one small thing, every day, to fight hatred, fear and intolerance. Email us if you want to start a chapter in your city (or just do it and let us know so we can add a link on our page).

The Daily Resist
Boston edition
by The Daily Resist
450 Columbus Ave Boston, MA 02116 USA