Please join us for this year's Multicultural Festival

1 view

Andrew Seeder

Jul 7, 2016, 11:55:11 AM7/7/16
to plots-...@googlegroups.com, Ramona Alexander
Good morning,

On Saturday, August 13th, the Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative will celebrate its 28th Annual Multicultural Festival. The Festival will take place at Mary Hannon Park, on Dudley Street and Howard Avenue, between 1pm and 6pm.

Colorful stage performances and activities will fill the park. There will be traditional music and dance, martial arts, circus performances, sports and clinics, face painting, inflatable entertainment, and a wide array of food and crafts from the cultures of the Dudley Neighborhood: Cape Verdean, Latin, Afro-Carribean, African American, Asian, to name just a few.

Over 500 people will attend, mostly children, youth, and families from Boston's neighborhoods. It is a great opportunity for organizations to reach our neighborhoods' residents.

Will Public Lab join us for this year's festival? We would love to have you set up an information table at the event. If you're interested, please fill out this Google Form or reply to my e-mail directly. As a community partner, space at the Festival costs $15.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Andrew Seeder

--
Andrew Seeder

Data Systems Manager
Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative
492 Dudley Street | Roxbury | MA | 02119
t: 617-442-9670 x 127 | f: 617-427-8047

Liz Barry

Jul 7, 2016, 12:11:28 PM7/7/16
to plots-...@googlegroups.com, Ramona Alexander

Thanks for this invite Andrew! Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative is a seriously amazing group!

Would a Public Labbers be able to bring a kite and camera to fly at the August 13 event ? I'm just thinking that we bring that gear around all the time and people get a kick out of seeing it whereas Public Labbers might not even have stuff to put on a table.

--
Public Lab mailing lists (http://publiclab.org/lists) are great for discussion, but to get attribution, open source your work, and make it easy for others to find and cite your contributions, please publish your work at http://publiclab.org
---