Monitoring of refinery flares

Dan Beavers

Feb 21, 2014, 3:01:39 PM2/21/14

Well I did not make my goal by Valentine’s day but I did get an extension to the 28th of this month.  That is just a week away.  Your donation is tax deductible and can be made at https://www.ioby.org/project/refinery-flare-monitoring .

While working at Johnson Space center in the 80s I frequently smelled chemicals from the refineries.  I remember growing up in Baton Rouge and hearing of someone getting sick until he figured out that it was from the refinery chemicals he was breathing on his motorcycle commute to and from work.  He started wearing a gas mask and the health problems stopped.

We want to design a 24/7 monitoring station to keep tabs on refinery flares.  The plans are on the https://www.ioby.org/project/refinery-flare-monitoring web site.  If you could help out with $50 or what ever you can afford we can develop the prototype of an inexpensive monitor that will be easy to widely deploy.

Thank you for your consideration,

Dan

 P.S. That site again is https://www.ioby.org/project/refinery-flare-monitoring