Parts and Crafts Kickstarter -- 24 hours left

1 view

William Macfarlane

Nov 14, 2016, 10:48:30 PM11/14/16
to plots-...@googlegroups.com
Hey friends,

I work with Parts and Crafts -- a community makerspace in Somerville.  We are a frequent Public Lab partner organization/collaborator, we use Public Lab tools in some of our own work, and we try to host Boston-area Public Lab events whenever we can.

Last month we hosted a series of Open Hardware Development Wednesday nights where we did some work documenting Public Lab spectrometers alongside Parts and Crafts lightsabers.

We're at the very tail-end of a kickstarter campaign, but I wanted to make sure the incredibly awesome and worthy Bourj Al Shamali campaign was done before directing attention to our own project!

But now we have 24 hours left!  We're kickstarting a monthly series of Creative Commons licensed DIY building kits for kids for fun and education.  Have a look here:

We've produced our first howto video, for our lightsaber kit, as well as written instructions for a few of our other upcoming projects.

And we'll be documenting more of them, along with some specific docs for teachers and educators over the next year.  All of our work will be available and open-licensed, and we'd be thrilled if anyone interested in education considered it a valuable resource.

And of course any and all help and support you can give us over the next 24 hours supporting the project or getting the word out about the project would be amazing.  Thanks so much!