group photo

Nathan Dappen

Nov 17, 2014, 8:09:26 PM11/17/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I wanted to thank everyone for such an awesome weekend. You all made an outsider feel pretty darn welcome. I left LUMCON with a different perspective and a ton of inspiration. Keep fighting the good fight and please keep in touch with me. We're gonna do everything we can to do justice to the Public Lab story and to promote the awesome community-based science that you're doing.

All the best,

Nate

ps - sorry the photos have a few of you with your eyes closed! Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to shoot that photo with the sun directly behind me :).

--
Group_Barnraising.jpeg
Group_Barnraising2.jpeg

Shannon Dosemagen

Nov 17, 2014, 8:40:46 PM11/17/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Really nice pictures, thanks for sharing and for joining us in Cocodrie.

@sdosemagen

Cindy Regalado

Nov 17, 2014, 10:34:09 PM11/17/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Second that! Thank you very much Nate for jumping right in!
/Cindy Regalado

Liz Barry

Nov 18, 2014, 4:49:40 PM11/18/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Who wants to photoshop Shannon into the group picture? #DocCOM

Jennifer Hudon

Nov 18, 2014, 4:50:59 PM11/18/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Me too! ;)

You are all beautiful! I love the group picture and I love the streams of photos people are sharing. Keep them coming!

Liz Barry

Nov 18, 2014, 4:51:51 PM11/18/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
oh yes! who else needs to be photoshopped in that missed the group photo on saturday either by coming late or leaving early?

Scott Eustis

Nov 18, 2014, 8:20:59 PM11/18/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
photoshop me into there, too, plz
Scott Eustis
504 484 9599

Public Lab mailing lists are great for discussions, but to get attribution, open source your work, and make it easy for others to find and cite your contributions, register for the website, and describe your work in a research note.

Miriam Belblidia

Nov 18, 2014, 8:44:17 PM11/18/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Me too, please! Although it's my own damn fault for being late.
Miriam S. Belblidia, CFM
mbelb...@gmail.com

Ann Chen

Nov 18, 2014, 10:51:40 PM11/18/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Unrelated to this thread, but I love how I can now put a face and a memory of a conversation to an email address!

If no one volunteers, I can photoshop Scott and Shannon in. Can someone send me some images of them that they would like see photoshopped in? :D

Sent from my phone

Lily Bui

Nov 20, 2014, 1:51:25 PM11/20/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
I miss everyone. Thanks so much for these photos, Nate! So great to have met you and everyone else. You are all inspiring and I'm lucky to have spent any amount of time with you. :)
sent from a coconut island

Lily Bui

M.S. candidate, Comparative Media Studies (2016)
Researcher, Writing, Rhetoric, and Professional Communication Lab (WRAP)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
@dangerbui

Editor: SciStarter, Discover Magazine Citizen Science Salon
STEM Story Project Associate, Public Radio Exchange (PRX)
(formerly) Broadcast Editorial, WGBH-TV

David Simpson

Nov 22, 2014, 3:53:37 AM11/22/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone for a super fun time in the Bayou!

More pics!

david o. simpson | digital producer | 646.515.2005 | earth

Liz Barry

Nov 24, 2014, 11:50:48 AM11/24/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
super! i added these links to the wiki.

Ann, i'd like to take you up on your offer to photoshop folks in to the group photo! So, those of you who missed the main picture, please send Ann your desired headshot or relinquish choice over which image she may choose to represent you ;)

Liz

Scott Eustis

Nov 24, 2014, 3:59:41 PM11/24/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com

Liz Barry

Nov 25, 2014, 10:29:10 AM11/25/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
wow that's a great photo!

Jennifer Hudon

Nov 25, 2014, 10:31:47 AM11/25/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Here's the in ripped/non-instagram version of the lunch group shot. Some people were cut off for the sake of Instagram. Sorry! ;)

Liz Barry

Dec 8, 2014, 2:24:58 PM12/8/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
ok i attempted to annotate this photo, check it out the draft parked in the sandbox: http://publiclab.org/wiki/sandbox

Can't ID:
  • the lovely lady behind Melissa
  • did i get anyone wrong?
  • Did i miss anyone?

Shannon Dosemagen

Dec 8, 2014, 2:30:05 PM12/8/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
I think that's Catherine.

Scott Eustis

Dec 8, 2014, 2:49:24 PM12/8/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Seconding that assessment.  looks good, liz.

is that Don's reflection left of Stevie?

Liz Barry

Dec 8, 2014, 3:00:22 PM12/8/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
ok great. i added a label for Catherine.

i also added a second photo on this page, annotated the one Nate took of us outside: check it out

Liz Barry

Dec 8, 2014, 3:07:41 PM12/8/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
ok guys, i need a face picture of Jen Hudon, Miriam, and Catherine.
I found ones of Maggie Jo (who will remain unlabelled), Libby, and Shannon.

Who else?

Liz Barry

Dec 8, 2014, 3:09:04 PM12/8/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Nathan, who was taking the picture.

who else?

Jennifer Hudon

Dec 8, 2014, 3:09:11 PM12/8/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
What kind of face pic? Any requirements (or preferences) for background or size?

Liz Barry

Dec 8, 2014, 3:13:49 PM12/8/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
well, i'll just be cropping your face out and sticking on the main photo. shannon's total pic is less than 100 pixels wide, i'd say that's the lower limit

Scott Eustis

Dec 8, 2014, 5:24:31 PM12/8/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Can i be in the photo, too?

sct

Ann Chen

Dec 8, 2014, 9:35:29 PM12/8/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
How about this one?

Inline image 1

Scott Eustis

Dec 8, 2014, 9:40:58 PM12/8/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
lol

Catherine D'Ignazio

Dec 8, 2014, 10:05:08 PM12/8/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Ooh can someone plop Maggie and I in there?

Assistant Professor of Civic Media and Data Visualization, Department of Journalism, Emerson College
Fellow, Emerson Engagement Lab
Research Affiliate, MIT Center for Civic Media
catherine...@emerson.edu | @kanarinka | 617-501-2441

Miriam Belblidia

Dec 9, 2014, 1:48:54 PM12/9/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Does this work to crop out my face? Was just down in Dulac again yesterday, fishing with #bayourising folks!
​

Liz Barry

Dec 9, 2014, 1:54:29 PM12/9/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
haha awesome!
Ann, do you want my files or would you rather send me yours? I'm working in Illustrator 5.5.

I like your shots of Shannon and Scott, and we should add Jen and Miriam from what they emailed out. Does anyone have a better one of Libby?
I'm also quite partial to Maggie Jo and the bannanna, shown below, in the image i made yesterday that's parked on publiclab.org/wiki/sidebar
Inline image 1

Liz Barry

Dec 9, 2014, 1:57:01 PM12/9/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
i mean publiclab.org/wiki/sandbox

See, i was gonna use this image for Scott

Inline image 1

Ann Chen

Dec 10, 2014, 9:56:10 PM12/10/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Liz, I made it in Photoshop! I don't mind adding on the others, but I'm missing a photo of catherine, maggie jo and libby.

Ann Chen
Fulbright National Geographic Digital Storytelling Fellow
Visiting Research Fellow, English and Film Studies, University of Alberta

Mobile: +1 6472976040
Twitter: @annhchen

Pipeline Mapping Project Links:

Ann Chen

Dec 10, 2014, 10:33:33 PM12/10/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
final!

Group_Barnraising_final.jpg

Jennifer Hudon

Dec 11, 2014, 7:57:18 AM12/11/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Yay! This is awesome. So much Public Lab <3!

On Wed Dec 10 2014 at 10:33:32 PM Ann Chen <annh...@gmail.com> wrote:
final!

Catherine D'Ignazio

Miriam Belblidia

Dec 11, 2014, 8:17:18 AM12/11/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Looks amazing! Thanks so much, Ann!

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 9:33 PM, Ann Chen <annh...@gmail.com> wrote:
final!

Liz Barry

Dec 11, 2014, 8:28:24 AM12/11/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
OH that looks SO GOOD.
Ann, once you get Catherine and Maggie Jo in, i'll take your final photoshop and make a version with names.

Ann Chen

Dec 11, 2014, 12:07:42 PM12/11/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Group_Barnraising_all.jpg

Liz Barry

Dec 15, 2014, 11:21:37 AM12/15/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com

Stevie Lewis

Dec 15, 2014, 12:02:08 PM12/15/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Great! Made it our image on the 2014 BR page

Eymund Diegel

Dec 16, 2014, 9:51:10 PM12/16/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com

Thanks to all the organizers and participants for so much fun !

Some additional animated Barnraising gifs in this post:

Ann Chen

Dec 16, 2014, 10:45:46 PM12/16/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Liz, looks great! But it's not right version! I made a new final one with a different image from Catherine.

Here are the links again.

Liz Barry

Dec 17, 2014, 9:53:00 AM12/17/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com, Eymund Diegel
OK i picked up the right version, thanks Ann!!!But i just realized that EYMUND is not in there!!!
Eymund please send a picture that we can but your head out of, thanks!

Inline image 1