Flights to Barnraising 2014!

Jennifer Hudon

Aug 26, 2014, 11:33:50 AM8/26/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com, organ...@publiclab.org
Hello hello -- I'm super excited for Barnraising 2014! I was wondering if anyone else has looked up flights to Louisiana yet? Last Monday I checked out flights and found tickets for $200 (so cheap!) but I didn't jump on it and now they're $160+ more. I'm holding out hope that they go back down!

Has anyone else checked out flights? Or thought about when they're coming/going? It would be awesome to coordinate for shuttles to/from Cocodrie. I'm thinking of flying out Wednesday morning/early afternoon (11/12) to participate in the Organizer's Summit and then leaving on Saturday night (11/15).

I think part of this information is being collected in the survey Stevie sent out, but I figured I'd start a discussion to see where other people are on the plane ticket buying process.

Thanks!
-Jen

--
Jennifer E. Hudon
c: 978.302.7908

Jennifer Hudon

Aug 26, 2014, 7:09:18 PM8/26/14
to plots-or...@googlegroups.com, plots-ba...@googlegroups.com, organ...@publiclab.org
Hey Ben, I think your mostly correct from years past. People book their flights and then car pools are grouped based on arrival/departure time.

I was just starting the convo to see if people were already looking (or booking!) at flights, if prices were reasonable and what days folks were planning to arrive/depart. :)

-j

On Aug 26, 2014, at 5:29 PM, "Benj. N. Sugar" <bsu...@skilfullycurled.org> wrote:

hmm...

maybe that's not a great example since 2013 was not at Cocodrie...?

On Aug 26, 2014, at 4:28 PM, Benj. N. Sugar wrote:

I took a look at this doc which detailed the arrangements last year.

Is it generally that people submit travel times and then they are eventually consolidated into ride shares?

Liz Barry

Aug 26, 2014, 9:23:57 PM8/26/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com, organ...@publiclab.org, plots-or...@googlegroups.com

Hey folks!
We are planning to run an airport shuttle Thursday eve and Sunday eve. (Stevie, correct me if I'm wrong). For organizers coming in time for the organizers summit on thursday, we will also be doing a shuttle Wednesday night. (Again, let's have Stevie confirm this.)

Since Cocodrie is almost 2 hours from Nola, it's really helpful if people come and go within these timeframes so we don't have to make lots of additional trips.

How do everyone's flights look for these arrival and departure times?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "plots-barnraising" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/plots-barnraising.

Scott Eustis

Aug 27, 2014, 3:55:34 PM8/27/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com, organ...@publiclab.org, plots-or...@googlegroups.com
make me drive people.

-scott in new orleans
--
Scott Eustis
504 484 9599

Public Lab mailing lists are great for discussions, but to get attribution, open source your work, and make it easy for others to find and cite your contributions, register for the website, and describe your work in a research note.

Mathew Lippincott

Aug 27, 2014, 6:13:27 PM8/27/14
to plots-or...@googlegroups.com, plots-ba...@googlegroups.com, organ...@publiclab.org
don't make Scott regret saying that.