Lightning talks! What?

Jeffrey Warren

Nov 8, 2016, 6:05:53 PM11/8/16
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all - last year we had some really fun lightning talks, and we'll be doing it again this year!

The basics are:

* anyone can give a talk
* you'll have 4 minutes to give a short presentation with slides
* email me the slides in this thread (don't reply all, though!) any time, even during the talks if you're a last-minute sorta person.
* after 4 minutes there'll be a friendly but firm GONG and we'll switch to the next person -- no going over!

Talks can be quite informal, and you can just show some photos as your slides: for example, last year, I presented 5 "small ideas" -- none of which was big enough for its own lightning talk (attached).

It's a great moment to put out unfinished ideas for input, or to share a story from the past year!

This'll be at 4-5:30 on Saturday night, in the cafeteria, just before dinner!

Woohoo!
Jeff

Small ideas.pdf