Gearing up for this weekend!

Stevie Lewis

Jun 9, 2015, 1:37:08 PM6/9/15
to public-la...@googlegroups.com, plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!
Looking forward to the Regional Barnraising this weekend! A few things to think about getting ready:

1) If you would like to join us for one or both days of the event and have not yet registered, please do so here. -I need to know how many people we'll be feeding :)

2) We are looking to get out on the water on Sunday (weather permitting) to do some mapping of the Petcoke piles in Southeast Chicago. We're looking for more boat options. If anyone has friends or contacts who have water access down south let us know!

3) There is a section on the Barnraising Wiki for "session ideas." Do you have an idea of something you'd like to do, share or learn during the Barnraising? Share it here or add it to the wiki page.

4) Enjoy cooking? I'll be making veggie lasagna for Saturday night so plan on sticking around for family style dinner. I'll be looking for some help in the kitchen getting ready for the meal around 5:00 Sat. Let me know if you'd like to help! (Don't worry, gluten free option as well for those of you who have specified).

Looking forward to this weekend! See you Saturday, 9am at Civic Lab (114N. Aberdeen St).

-Stevie

Zachary Damato

Jun 9, 2015, 2:12:47 PM6/9/15
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I have two kayaks and one may not be in use. I also was a sous chef you need me to bring equipment or a dish.

Stevie Lewis

Jun 9, 2015, 2:44:46 PM6/9/15
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zachary!
That sounds great. Would you be able to bring your kayak with you on Sunday?
I will look for your help Saturday pm. mostly helping put the salad together and get everything out and ready to serve. (also making sure we don't over cook the lasagna!)
-Stevie

Zachary Damato

Jun 9, 2015, 2:56:34 PM6/9/15
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com

Awesome. What dock are we launching off of?

Stevie Lewis

Jun 9, 2015, 3:08:25 PM6/9/15
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
We'll be looking to get on the Calumet River. Not positive where we'll start from, we spoke about Calumet Park but it could change depending on what else we find for boats. I'll let you know for sure on Saturday!
-Stevie

Zachary Damato

Jun 9, 2015, 3:11:50 PM6/9/15
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com

Let me know satuday because I might just kayak down there on Sunday.

Stevie Lewis

Jun 9, 2015, 3:17:45 PM6/9/15
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
cool. sure thing.

Liz Barry

Jun 9, 2015, 3:32:01 PM6/9/15
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com

I am so excited!!! I get in friday AM...stevie, will you be setting up somewhere that I should meet you at?

Stevie Lewis

Jun 9, 2015, 3:56:58 PM6/9/15
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Liz, We're grabbing you from the airport :)