Fwd: Water Challenge Hackathons: Invitation

Shannon Dosemagen

Oct 28, 2014, 9:13:17 AM10/28/14
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com, plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

The week after Barnraising, join Public Lab for two nights (11/18 and 11/20) of water related discussions and trainings in New Orleans. Please RSVP for this event so they can get a sense of how many to expect.

Best, Shannon

Oct 28, 2014, 11:35:00 AM10/28/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Shannon any way I can attend remotely. If you guys have a google hangout I can call in

Regards

Victor

Shannon Dosemagen

Oct 28, 2014, 12:35:52 PM10/28/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com, Miriam Belblidia
Great question Victor. I'm cc'ing Miriam who is organizing the events to see if this is possible.

Best, Shannon

--
@sdosemagen

Stevie Lewis

Oct 29, 2014, 11:18:26 AM10/29/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Victor,
 Thanks for your email. Were you interested in attending the water events remotely or part of the Barnraising?
-Stevie

Victor Damian

Oct 29, 2014, 6:28:42 PM10/29/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Stevie,  I was interested in participating in the water events and the Barnraising if they were available remotely. I understand that may not be feasible some times.

Best regards

Victor

Stevie Lewis

Nov 3, 2014, 9:44:43 AM11/3/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Victor,
Thanks for clarifying. As of now we are not planning on running virtual session at the Barnraising. Did you have a particular topic you are interested in? I might be able to set you up to skype in or do a google hangout during a session if you'd like. As for the water events, I am working with Miriam on getting a virtual session for the event on the 18th so that could be a neat opportunity.  The even on the 20th will be a little more workshop based and hands on so I'm not sure how beneficial it would be to do a virtual session for that one.
-Stevie

Catherine D'Ignazio

Nov 3, 2014, 10:04:46 AM11/3/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
I might be interested in joining virtually for any presentations or contextual information. Keep us posted - thanks!
Catherine

Assistant Professor of Civic Media and Data Visualization, Emerson College
Fellow, Emerson Engagement Lab
Research Affiliate, MIT Center for Civic Media
catherine...@emerson.edu | @kanarinka | 617-501-2441

Stevie Lewis

Nov 3, 2014, 10:22:32 AM11/3/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Sure thing!

Victor Damian

Nov 3, 2014, 12:21:45 PM11/3/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Steve, I like to participate in the hydrology / water related events if they are available.

Regards

Victor

Benj. N. Sugar

Nov 6, 2014, 3:30:50 PM11/6/14