Fwd: [plots-gulfcoast] MapKnitter Meeting Thursday 11/21 5:30pm @ GRN

Scott Eustis

Nov 18, 2013, 5:46:46 PM11/18/13
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
hey barnraisers,

if any of you can attend in person, please come to 541 julia st, this thursday @ 5:30pm central time. / 3:30pm pacific.

if you want to attend by skype, please message me.  i am eustatic1 on skype.

cheers,

scott

Date: Thursday, November 21
Time: 5:30 pm
Location: Gulf Restoration Network (Scott's office). 541 Julia St #300, New Orleans, LA 70130. Enter "through the small green door across from the firestone" Text Scott for the door code: 504-237-0323

Agenda: We will be demonstrating, as a group, the use of MapKnitter to prepare us for more wonderful map making in the coming weeks. The images that we will be using can be found here. Please try and bring your laptop, so that you can follow along and stitch the same map that we will be demonstrating.

We will be using this Google Drive folder to share images and meeting notes for MapKnitter Club, so please bookmark/add to your own Google Drive. If anyone has issues accessing this folder or contents, please let me know.

Finally, please make sure you have a Public Lab account!

Let me know if you have any questions/comments. Hope to see you Thursday!

isitreallyonlymonday,
Alex

--
Alexandra Stoicof

Scott Eustis
504 484 9599

listen to....
News & Views on WTUL New Orleans 91.5 FM
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
8am-10am
[[  In the 8am hour = Featured Local Interview
[[  @ 9am = Democracy Now! syndicated

wtul.fm   [live stream]
http://radiotime.com/WebTuner.aspx?StationId=23307&
wtulnews.tumblr.com
twitter.com/wtulnews

Matt P

Nov 21, 2013, 1:33:10 AM11/21/13
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
hmmm....I didn't get the message the first time (from Alex) but I got it the second time (from Scott).  Anyway, I can't make it.  Next time.
-Matt

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "plots-barnraising" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/plots-barnraising.

Miriam Belblidia

Nov 21, 2013, 8:19:49 AM11/21/13
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Wish I could join y'all tonight, but I'll be devouring birthday cake. Definitely want to attend the next mapknitter meeting!

And if y'all are free on Saturday night, come by for birthday celebrations!
604 Independence Street

-Miriam

Sent from my fax machine

Shannon Dosemagen

Nov 21, 2013, 9:12:10 AM11/21/13
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

Just a note that the first email was sent to the Public Lab Gulf Coast group, which it doesn't look like you're a member of: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/plots-gulfcoast. You might want to consider joining so that you get these kinds of notices. Scott emailed the barnraising group which is how you got the second message.

Best, Shannon
--
@sdosemagen

Matt P

Nov 21, 2013, 10:35:03 AM11/21/13
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
If I understand correctly...happy birthday Miriam!

Andy Zellinger

Nov 21, 2013, 4:46:03 PM11/21/13
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com, plots-g...@googlegroups.com
Can't make it to map-knitter tutorial today - will be at a vigil standing with the Philippines and blaming the typhoon on climate change.

check out the event page here if you map-knitters feel like joining: https://www.facebook.com/events/184474551758343/

Happy Birthday Miriam!!!

Andy Zellinger
Research Analyst
Louisiana Bucket Brigade
4226 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70119

(504)484-3433

Smell petrochemicals?  Report to LABB's iWitness Pollution Map what you see, smell, hear and feel.

November is Oil Industry Accident Awareness Month!  OIAAM!  See our facebook page for events!