Cheap Barnraising Airfare Alert

Jennifer Hudon

Oct 1, 2014, 10:30:40 AM10/1/14
to plots-...@googlegroups.com, plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
If you plan on traveling to Cocodrie for the Barnraising, flights are back down to ~$200 for Boston to New Orleans.

--
Jennifer E. Hudon
c: 978.302.7908

Liz Barry

Oct 1, 2014, 10:33:17 AM10/1/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com, plots-...@googlegroups.com
same for NYC

--

Liz Barry
director of community development

Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today!

Jeffrey Warren

Oct 1, 2014, 10:36:59 AM10/1/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com, plot...@googlegroups.com, plots-...@googlegroups.com
CC'ing NYC list; dates, logistics and additional info: http://publiclab.org/wiki/barnraising

Chris Fastie

Oct 1, 2014, 10:46:47 AM10/1/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
It's still tough to get the fare from Burlington, VT down near $400 unless I stay until Monday.

1. What are the chances of finding a free place to stay in New Orleans on Sunday night?
2. Are total costs for registration, food, and housing at LUMCON $10.00 per day?

Thanks,
Chris

Shannon Dosemagen

Oct 1, 2014, 10:51:09 AM10/1/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Happy to host you at my house Sunday evening Chris! I think there will be a inch of people staying, but I have plenty of room for sleeping and even urban camping in my (fenced in) backyard if anyone is game.

@sdosemagen

Liz Barry

Oct 1, 2014, 10:53:16 AM10/1/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,
The $10 is a recommended donation. It doesn't *quite* cover costs, but it gets us where we need to be. If that causes a barrier, email me.

--

Liz Barry
director of community development
@publiclab

Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today!

Chris Fastie

Oct 1, 2014, 10:58:25 AM10/1/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Shannon, Thanks for the invite. I like the idea of staying with an inch of people.
Liz, $10 per day is a tremendous bargain. I was just checking because it seemed too good to be true.

Katie Gradowski

Oct 2, 2014, 9:23:28 PM10/2/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
TICKETS BOUGHT

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Chris Fastie <cfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Shannon, Thanks for the invite. I like the idea of staying with an inch of people.
Liz, $10 per day is a tremendous bargain. I was just checking because it seemed too good to be true.

Liz Barry

Oct 3, 2014, 8:18:32 AM10/3/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
GREAT!

Let me kindly direct your attention to the Planning Spreadsheet (you've seen it, it's the one that has the schedule grid that's embedded into the Barnraising page.)

This spreadsheet has other awesome tabs, so as you book tickets, please fill in your MSY arrival details on this sheet:

--

Liz Barry
director of community development
@publiclab

Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today!

Miriam Belblidia

Oct 3, 2014, 9:14:16 AM10/3/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi y'all,

Wanted to throw out my place as a backup option for folks needing a free place to crash pre/post Barnraising.

I live in the Bywater and have a spare room with a full size bed. Also have a couple couches and thermarest pads if anyone wants to hunker down in the living room.

Cheers!
Miriam

Sent from my iPhone

Stevie Lewis

Oct 6, 2014, 10:54:24 AM10/6/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
That's so nice of you! Thanks Miriam!
-Stevie

Scott Eustis

Oct 6, 2014, 2:28:25 PM10/6/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Ha.  I also live in new orleans, and have two extra rooms.

scott
Scott Eustis
504 484 9599

Public Lab mailing lists are great for discussions, but to get attribution, open source your work, and make it easy for others to find and cite your contributions, register for the website, and describe your work in a research note.