Session notes and shared resources

Jeffrey Warren

Nov 25, 2015, 11:43:38 AM11/25/15
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
I've compiled the resources people shared (urls, citations) here: https://publiclab.org/barnraising#Resources

And there are a lot of notes from sessions here: https://pad.publiclab.org/p/doccom

Please drop in notes to that etherpad (or to [the DOCCOM wiki page itself](/wiki/doccom)) if you haven't -- we'll see if there's any collating or formatting we can do to make it easier to browse through.

Thanks!
Jeff & DOCCOM

PS - I posted issues 1-3 of the Barnraiser online (digital subscribers only? :-P) here:

Catherine D'Ignazio

Nov 25, 2015, 11:56:54 AM11/25/15
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Oh wow - the Barnraiser is so delightful!!! Let's definitely continue that publication.

---
Assistant Professor of Civic Media and Data Visualization, Emerson College
Fellow, Emerson Engagement Lab
Research Affiliate, MIT Center for Civic Media

Liz Barry

Nov 25, 2015, 1:49:59 PM11/25/15
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
I added a link to http://pad.publiclab.org/p/advocacy on https://pad.publiclab.org/p/doccom. You can see Heidi and I both taking notes in there, so there is some duplication (helpful in capturing the full tone of the conversation, i think).

Matej Vakula

Nov 25, 2015, 2:05:45 PM11/25/15
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
I have lot of short notes from many sessions. Will add after sort them out!

Matej Vakula

Heidi Lyn Ballard

Nov 25, 2015, 2:14:13 PM11/25/15
to <plots-barnraising@googlegroups.com>
I have a lot of notes from all the sessions I was in - so I will type them up and try to add them in, roughly sorted, as well!

Thank you!
Heidi

On Nov 25, 2015, at 11:05 AM, Matej Vakula <matej....@gmail.com>

Scott Eustis

Nov 25, 2015, 5:18:33 PM11/25/15
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
added a link to my slides

cott: Gulf Restoration Network – River, Dredge, and Drill: Where are we and how do we respond? Showed use of PL tools to show
River Restoration
Scott Eustis
504 484 9599

Public Lab mailing lists are great for discussions, but to get attribution, open source your work, and make it easy for others to find and cite your contributions, register for the website, and describe your work in a research note.

Hagit Keysar

Nov 26, 2015, 10:57:11 AM11/26/15
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Barnraiser!! is so great for getting the feel of it from overseas :)
what's going on with the fingers, organizers? Is this a new ritual I need to catch up with?

Dan Beavers

Nov 26, 2015, 11:54:17 AM11/26/15
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
That was supposed to be secret greeting only known to the initiated
members but some how it got out. :-)

No, Stevie coordinated this as an ice breaker exercise.