Tonight in New Orleans

Shannon Dosemagen

Nov 16, 2014, 9:39:24 AM11/16/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

If you're in New Orleans for the evening, a cordial invitation to join me and the eight other folks crashing at my house for shrimp/crawfish AND leftovers from this weekend.

We'll provide the food, but BYOB. Good news-- on the corner of my street is a to-go daiquiri spot. I think the store on the corner also might sell beer.

We'll probably eat around 7pm, but you're more than welcome to come hang out beforehand.

Address: 1021 Louisa St. If you're taking a cab its in the Bywater and the closest cross streets are Rampart and St. Claude. If you're driving, plenty of street parking, but don't park where the three or four handicap parking signs on the street are.

My cell is 504-239-4642 if you get lost.

Later gators, Shannon

Eymund Diegel

Nov 16, 2014, 7:33:48 PM11/16/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for a great event !

some pics of the fun:

Eymund

Catherine D'Ignazio

Nov 17, 2014, 6:52:43 AM11/17/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful event!! Thank you to all for organizing and making us feel welcome and for collaborating on chasing Maggie Jo around LUMCON. I've posted her first research note in which she reflects on the barnraising here -

Assistant Professor of Civic Media and Data Visualization, Department of Journalism, Emerson College
Fellow, Emerson Engagement Lab
Research Affiliate, MIT Center for Civic Media
catherine...@emerson.edu | @kanarinka | 617-501-2441

Liz Barry

Nov 17, 2014, 4:59:50 PM11/17/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic! Please keep the images coming.
Geoff and Robert, what's your Google+ feed?

Laura Grace Chipley

Nov 18, 2014, 11:34:13 AM11/18/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
Here are more photos of the Barnraising.
I learned so much and met so many interesting people. Thanks again for a great event!
Laura

Laura Grace Chipley

Assistant Professor, American Studies

State University of New York at Old Westbury

chip...@oldwestbury.edu  / elc...@gmail.com

Mobile: 917-443-2818

lauragracechipley.squarespace.com

newtowncreekarmada.org

thegreencom...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2014, 6:28:24 PM11/19/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi fellow barnraisers,
Thank you so much for one of the most exciting weekends I’ve ever spent.  I look forward to our next gathering.  As I was leaving the museum Monday afternoon I over heard some Jamaicans (my fellow countrymen) talking at the front entrance.  They came to New Orleans to learn and to acquire support in their fight to educate the Jamaican government and public about bauxite aluminum, air and water pollution.  At one time Jamaica was one of the world’s largest producer of aluminum ore. Why is this so much of an interest to me other than the fact that I’m Jamaican?  My grandfather a heavy machine operator, relocated his wife and children from Guyana, South America to Jamaica as a young man to start up the first aluminum company along with 5 Canadians.  The result was Alcan Jamaica Limited.   All his children were employees of Alcan.
This trip was more eventful than I expected.  I walk away a changed woman.
Thank All of you, especially Liz Barry my mentor!

Carla Green
The Green Community Garden
112-114 South 8th Street
corner of 11th Avenue
Newark, NJ  07107

Natalie Mayorga

Nov 19, 2014, 6:59:03 PM11/19/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
That's a wonderful story Carla! I know I had a good time getting to meet all the wonderful folks that help make up this great community.

Additionally, I really enjoyed spending time exploring the local flavor with you all when we had our individual moments together. (Carla, Robert, Geoff, Don, Steve, Simon, and all the other late night party animals.)

--
Natalie Mayorga

Kits Initiative Manager
Public Lab
412 NW Couch, Ste. 401
Portland, OR 97209
Twitter: @PublicLab, @natcat5050
Instagram: public_lab

thegreencom...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2014, 9:09:30 AM11/20/14
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hey Natalie,
Glad to have met you too and to be able to hang out especially our walk to the French Market.
I hope to make a trip out to Portland some time.

Carla Green
The Green Community Garden
112-114 South 8th Street
corner of 11th Avenue