Squid Week & Balloon/Kite Mapping events this month: host one/attend one!

Jeffrey Warren

Jun 27, 2017, 12:49:51 PM6/27/17
to organ...@publiclab.org, grassroo...@googlegroups.com, publicla...@googlegroups.com, plots-...@googlegroups.com, plot...@googlegroups.com, plots-gulfcoast
Thanks to everyone who's helped support Public Lab's Balloon Mapping Kits campaign this month, by posting #balloonselfies on Twitter and Instagram -- which is a lot of fun.

It's awesome to see so many people's stories, and we'll continue posting them as the campaign continues. Reach out if you'd like to share, and we'd be happy to shout out about your work!

This week we're calling Squid Week at Public Lab -- celebrating and having fun with the squid-shaped kite in our new Mini Kite Kit -- see attached image.

Mapping Parties

I wanted to put out the idea that, on some of the great summer days we're having, folks may want to take the opportunity to get together and hold Mapping Parties over the 4th of July weekend, or just in the next few weeks.

I'm definitely going to be flying a kite -- give a shout out if you are too or would like to join others in your area! Regional discussion lists are a great place to reach out: publiclab.org/lists

Best,
Jeff

Inline image 1