16 open-source games developed with PlayN

Yoav Zibin

May 2, 2012, 4:14:04 PM5/2/12
to pl...@googlegroups.com
Hi PlayN developers,
I just finished teaching a course at NYU about multiplayer gaming, and the 14 students did some amazing games (I'm really proud of the work they did!), and it's all open source (Apache 2 license).

Below are the APK links for android.
If you can't install an APK from the internet, you need to enable "Settings -> Security -> Unknown sources (allow installation of non-Market apps)"

Use Box2D:

Ray Cromwell

May 2, 2012, 4:17:29 PM5/2/12
to pl...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!

Philip Rogers

May 2, 2012, 4:56:05 PM5/2/12
to pl...@googlegroups.com
Wow, cool!

Fred Sauer

May 2, 2012, 6:50:36 PM5/2/12
to pl...@googlegroups.com
Awesome work!!

Are there links to the HTML5 versions of these games as well?

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Yoav Zibin <yzi...@google.com> wrote:

--
Fred Sauer
Developer Advocate

Yoav Zibin

May 2, 2012, 6:53:06 PM5/2/12
to pl...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we hosted it on AppEngine:
(but it takes 5-10 seconds to load because we put all the games together)

Enjoy :)

Ricardo Illescas

May 2, 2012, 7:17:54 PM5/2/12
to pl...@googlegroups.com

Great work, just tried some of the games on Android, they run pretty well.

bootstraponline

May 2, 2012, 7:19:45 PM5/2/12
to pl...@googlegroups.com
On 05/02/2012 04:53 PM, Yoav Zibin wrote:
> Yes, we hosted it on AppEngine:
> http://gaming-platform.appspot.com/
> (but it takes 5-10 seconds to load because we put all the games together)
>
> Enjoy :)

I just see a blank page and errors with Chrome 18.

Cross-origin image load denied by Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policy.
POST https://gaming-platform.appspot.com/showcase/gwt-log 404 (Not Found)
GET https://gaming-platform.appspot.com/showcase/doudizhu/peasant.jpg
404 (Not Found)
GET https://gaming-platform.appspot.com/showcase/doudizhu/landlord.jpg
404 (Not Found)

Yoav Zibin

May 3, 2012, 11:25:26 AM5/3/12
to pl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for pointing out the 3 missing resources :)
Those are now fixed. I needed to add some images and this to web.xml:

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>gwt-log-remote-logger-servlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/showcase/gwt-log</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

However, I get those same errors before and it still loads for me (see attached image).
It just takes a really really long time (20+ games in one showcase).
Do you get any other javascript errors?
Errors.png

bootstraponline

May 3, 2012, 12:24:06 PM5/3/12
to pl...@googlegroups.com
Adblock Plus was hiding the game. It works now.

There are two other errors, however they seem intentional.

[ERROR] This is a 'ERROR' test message
[FATAL] This is a 'FATAL' test message

On 05/03/2012 09:25 AM, Yoav Zibin wrote:
> Thanks for pointing out the 3 missing resources :)
> Those are now fixed. I needed to add some images and this to web.xml:
>
> <servlet-mapping>
> <servlet-name>gwt-log-remote-logger-servlet</servlet-name>
> <url-pattern>/showcase/gwt-log</url-pattern>
> </servlet-mapping>
>
> However, I get those same errors before and it still loads for me (see
> attached image).
> It just takes a really really long time (20+ games in one showcase).
> Do you get any other javascript errors?
>

> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 7:19 PM, bootstraponline
> <ca...@bootstraponline.com <mailto:ca...@bootstraponline.com>> wrote:
>
> On 05/02/2012 04:53 PM, Yoav Zibin wrote:
>
> Yes, we hosted it on AppEngine:
> http://gaming-platform.__appspot.com/
> <http://gaming-platform.appspot.com/>
> (but it takes 5-10 seconds to load because we put all the games
> together)
>
> Enjoy :)
>

> I just see a blank page and errors with Chrome 18.
>
> Cross-origin image load denied by Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policy.
> POST https://gaming-platform.__appspot.com/showcase/gwt-log
> https://gaming-platform.__appspot.com/showcase/doudizhu/__peasant.jpg <https://gaming-platform.appspot.com/showcase/doudizhu/peasant.jpg>
> 404 (Not Found)
> GET
> https://gaming-platform.__appspot.com/showcase/doudizhu/__landlord.jpg

Fred Sauer

May 3, 2012, 1:04:49 PM5/3/12
to pl...@googlegroups.com
I noticed that the JavaScript is currently compiled in GWT's 'DETAILED' mode, as opposed to the much more compact default 'OBFUSCATED' mode. Changing the OBF mode will greatly reduce the size of the JavaScript and should reduce script load / parse time.

Yoav Zibin

May 3, 2012, 3:33:44 PM5/3/12
to pl...@googlegroups.com
Correct.
We were debugging the live version for a while.
Deployed the obfuscated javascript.

phan...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2013, 8:10:07 PM12/13/13
to pl...@googlegroups.com, yzi...@google.com
Hi there,
I'm a beginer in playn. Could you please sharing some tutorials about playn in your course !
Thanks so much !