'[1.2.4] error deploying app to gae [1.4.0] / [1.6.0]

sas

Apr 26, 2012, 1:14:47 AM4/26/12
to play-framework
I'm trying to deploy this app to gae (it's the spanish translation of
play 1.x, here's it's runnign on gae: http://playdoces-opensas.rhcloud.com/)

I tried with gae module 1.4.0, with the sdk 1.4.0, and with the modeul
1.6.0, with gae sdk 1.6.0 and 1.6.5

In every case I get the same error:

2012-04-25 22:10:00.962
play.Logger info: Starting /base/data/home/apps/s~playdocestest/prod.
358473253405297806/WEB-INF/application
W 2012-04-25 22:10:00.962
play.Logger warn: No tmp folder will be used (cannot create the tmp
dir)
I 2012-04-25 22:10:00.965
play.Logger info: Module gae is available (/base/data/home/apps/
s~playdocestest/prod.358473253405297806/WEB-INF/application/modules/
gae-1.6.0)
C 2012-04-25 22:10:01.151
Uncaught exception from servlet
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: DocViewerPlugin : Unsupported
major.minor version 51.0
at com.google.appengine.runtime.Request.process-
e8af6365e958593d(Request.java)
at
play.classloading.ApplicationClassloader.loadApplicationClass(ApplicationClassloader.java:
118)
at
play.classloading.ApplicationClassloader.getAllClasses(ApplicationClassloader.java:
401)
at play.Play.preCompile(Play.java:570)
at play.Play.init(Play.java:299)
at play.server.ServletWrapper.contextInitialized(ServletWrapper.java:
77)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:
548)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:136)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:
1250)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:
517)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:
467)
at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:
50)
at com.google.tracing.TraceContext
$TraceContextRunnable.runInContext(TraceContext.java:449)
at com.google.tracing.TraceContext$TraceContextRunnable
$1.run(TraceContext.java:455)
at com.google.tracing.TraceContext.runInContext(TraceContext.java:
695)
at com.google.tracing.TraceContext
$AbstractTraceContextCallback.runInInheritedContextNoUnref(TraceContext.java:
333)
at com.google.tracing.TraceContext
$AbstractTraceContextCallback.runInInheritedContext(TraceContext.java:
325)
at com.google.tracing.TraceContext
$TraceContextRunnable.run(TraceContext.java:453)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

--

seems like there some trouble with the DocViewer plugin

DocViewerPlugin : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Anybody else had a similar trouble?

saludos

sas

Tom Carchrae

Apr 26, 2012, 8:44:47 AM4/26/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
that is a java compiler class version error. you need to use jdk 6
and it looks like you're using jdk 5 somewhere.

i'd recommend using the oracle jdk 6. openjdk is fine most of the
time, but not all the time. :)

tom

sas

Apr 26, 2012, 11:06:23 PM4/26/12
to play-framework
Yikes!

I'm sorry, it's a known issue (at least it was known to me)

I have both jdk6 and jdk7 installed, and play around with one or
another

gae deployment is not working (yet at least) with jdk 7...

I've redeployed, with gae 1.6, and everything seems to work fine

here it is: http://playdoces.appspot.com/

thanks a lot

saludos

sas