Play 1.2.4RC3 released

Nicolas Leroux - committer

Nov 22, 2011, 1:54:51 PM11/22/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Play 1.2.4RC3 has been released. In this release we fixed some regressions and corrected a few bugs. Documentation has also been improved.

Play 1.2.4 added the following new enhancements:

* Support for Java 7
* New binder implementation
* Support for composite IDs
* Better IntelliJ support

The complete list of changes is available here:

https://play.lighthouseapp.com/projects/57987-play-framework/milestones/current

You can download the 1.2.4RC3 here:

http://www.playframework.org/download

Please download it and report any regressions and/or bugs. This should be the last release before the 1.2.4 final version if no major issues are found.

Have fun playing,

Nicolas

Ron Gross

Nov 22, 2011, 4:02:59 PM11/22/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Congrats.

Hmm ... what does "support for Java 7" mean, actually?

I am using Java 7 with Play 1.2.3 using java.source=6

Nicolas Leroux

Nov 22, 2011, 4:06:23 PM11/22/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
See the release notes. You can now use things like

String a = "a";

switch (a) {

case "a": System.out.println("A");

}

without confusing the embedded compiler.

Nicolas

Ron Gross

Nov 22, 2011, 4:14:39 PM11/22/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, nice.
Indeed, in 1.2.3 I only used the JDK itself, not any java 7 features.

Tex

Nov 22, 2011, 5:23:50 PM11/22/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,

many thanks, I've just tried RC3 with my "ready to deploy" project and it works !

One little gotcha;

under netbeans 7.0.1/jdk 1.6 after the "netbeansification" command the IDE does'nt see the jars in external modules (even if I close and reopen the IDE and the project itself), if I copy the jar modules from the play/modules/.../lib folder into the lib project folder then it see the jars and there are no problems (ex. play-chronostamp-0.1.jar or play-paginate-head.jar)...

Jaime Hablutzel Egoavil

Jul 3, 2014, 2:22:02 PM7/3/14
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com

Alex

Jul 4, 2014, 1:12:33 AM7/4/14
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
No the correct link for the 1.2.4 is http://play.lighthouseapp.com/projects/57987/milestones/121681-124.

But we have release a some other realse 1.2.5, 1.2.6, 1.2.7 and a the 1.3.0RC1  has just been release