[2.0] No sample tests created with "play new"?

Mark

Mar 21, 2012, 3:46:03 AM3/21/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Did I miss a step, or does 2.0 no longer create a test directory with some sample tests like version 1.2 used to do?

If it does, can someone let me know where I'm missing the flag to do that, because it's not doing it for me.

I really hope this was not removed, because having the "play new" drop in the proper libraries and show the standard way of writing the three kinds of tests inside of a play app was a very nice part of the developer experience when being first introduced to Play, and was something I bragged about to other devs at my job that had not worked with the Play framework yet (and are about to jump into it).

peter hausel

Mar 21, 2012, 10:44:05 AM3/21/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
yeah, templates do not have tests right now (testing is covered in details here https://github.com/playframework/Play20/wiki though).

Please file an issue in the tracker.

Mark

Mar 21, 2012, 12:20:27 PM3/21/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Done!   https://play.lighthouseapp.com/projects/82401/tickets/271-play-new-does-not-create-sample-tests#ticket-271-1

On a related note, I recognize the possibility of this not being a high priority item.  I'd love to be able to contribute.  Would this be the kind of small addition that would be realistically considered if I created this functionality and did a pull request?

- Mark