Re: [play-framework] Re: Using Play-Authenticate with Scala?

James Roper

Jan 14, 2013, 8:46:21 PM1/14/13
to play-framework
If Play authenticate uses Java, and specifically the HTTP context, then no, it can't be integrated with Scala.  It would have to be rewritten for Scala.

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 4:42 AM, chandra <develop...@gmail.com> wrote:

^Bump

Actually, I am also interested in knowing if Play-Authenticate could be integrated with Scala.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

- chandra

On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 12:43:44 PM UTC-5, Grant Beaty wrote:
I was surprised to find that mixing java and scala causes some issues. Specifically doing something like:
@currentAuth() { auth =>
  @if(auth != null) {
    <li><a href="@com.feth.play.module.pa.controllers.routes.Authenticate.logout">Logout</a></li>
  }
}

Results in:
[RuntimeException: There is no HTTP Context available from here.]

 I am guessing I need to set the HTTP Context in my controller; can anyone advise on how to do this?

Would there be any other barriers to using Play-Authenticate with Scala? I had some issues with SecureSocial, and P-A looked easier to configure for custom templates.

Thanks for any help,
Grant

James Roper
Software Engineer

Typesafe - The software stack for applications that scale
Twitter: @jroper