[2.1-scala] Deploy 2.1 snapshot on Heroku : Dependencies failed

Julien L.

Sep 30, 2012, 11:19:54 AM9/30/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm trying to deploy my Play2.1-Snapshot project on Heroku, but i'm facing problem with dependency resolving.
I've the same error when i run `sbt` in local.

sbt.IncompatiblePluginsException: Binary incompatibility in plugins detected. (full stacktrace

I've upgraded my plugins.sbt with the following lines to add snapshot compatibily. Is there anything else I must do ?

resolvers += "Typesafe repository" at "http://repo.typesafe.com/typesafe/releases/"
resolvers += Resolver.url("Typesafe Ivy Snapshots", url("http://repo.typesafe.com/typesafe/ivy-snapshots/"))(Resolver.ivyStylePatterns)
resolvers += "Typesafe snapshots" at "http://repo.typesafe.com/typesafe/snapshots

addSbtPlugin("play" % "sbt-plugin" % "2.1-SNAPSHOT")

 Thanks for your help !

Jean Helou

Oct 11, 2012, 2:23:05 PM10/11/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I just hit the same snafu trying to create a play2.1 application "from scratch" (as per https://github.com/playframework/Play20/wiki/NewApplication without having play installed)

Did you find a solution ?

Jean

peter hausel

Oct 11, 2012, 2:36:16 PM10/11/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
all you need is a compatible[1] sbt launcher (the play downloadable package is just convenience)

[1] play master: sbt 0.12.1 2.0.x sbt 0.11.3

peter hausel

Oct 11, 2012, 2:56:24 PM10/11/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I would not try to deploy a snapshot release to heroku, since it's really hard to verify which snapshot you were on locally and which one heroku is pulling in.

Jean Helou

Oct 11, 2012, 3:13:09 PM10/11/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hello peter

thanks for the fast answer, the weird thing is :  I do have a 0.12.1 sbt-launcher

And I am trying to bootstrap a very basic project. all I have in it for the  moment is a project folder with

project/plugins.sbt looks like

resolvers += "Typesafe SNAPSHOT repository" at "http://repo.typesafe.com/typesafe/snapshots"

resolvers += Resolver.url("Typesafe ivy SNAPSHOT repository", url("http://repo.typesafe.com/typesafe/snapshots/"))(Resolver.ivyStylePatterns)

resolvers += "Typesafe repository" at "http://repo.typesafe.com/typesafe/releases/"

scalaVersion := "2.9.2"

addSbtPlugin("play" % "sbt-plugin" % "2.1-SNAPSHOT")

I tried specifying scalaVersion to 2.10.0-M7 but  I haven't found an sbt-plugin version for 2.10 (even tried +publish local from master to no avail the plugin itself is not cross compiled) thus I changed it back to 2.9.2

my Build.scala
import sbt._
import PlayProject._
import Keys._

object ApplicationBuild extends Build {

  val appName = "Test play 2.1"
  val appVersion = "1.0"

  val scalaVersion = "2.10.0-M7"

  val appDependencies = { Seq() }

  val main = PlayProject(appName, appVersion, appDependencies, mainLang = SCALA)

}

and build.properties
sbt.version = 0.12.1

Jean Helou

Oct 11, 2012, 3:14:16 PM10/11/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
And to be precise : I don't intend to deploy this to heroku, I get this problem locally ...

Jean Helou

Oct 11, 2012, 3:17:12 PM10/11/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Here is the exact error :
[error] sbt.IncompatiblePluginsException: Binary incompatibility in plugins detected.
[error] Note that conflicts were resolved for some dependencies:
[error] com.typesafe.akka:akka-actor
[error] org.slf4j:slf4j-api
[error] io.netty:netty
[error] commons-codec:commons-codec
[error] org.apache.httpcomponents:httpcore
[error] org.apache.httpcomponents:httpclient
[error] asm:asm
[error] asm:asm-tree
[error] asm:asm-util
[error] com.github.scala-incubator.io:scala-io-file_2.9.2
[error] org.avaje:ebean
[error] jline:jline
[error] junit:junit
[error] com.jcraft:jsch
[error] commons-logging:commons-logging
[error] Use 'last' for the full log.

peter hausel

Oct 11, 2012, 5:02:42 PM10/11/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
the play script is just an sbt launcher with minor tweaks. They are pretty much interchangeable.

Play core now is on scala 2.10 but the sbt plugin is on scala 2.9.2 (since there is no sbt version for scala 2.10 yet).

If you need an example setup, just grab one of the sample apps from github.

Jean Helou

Oct 11, 2012, 5:49:13 PM10/11/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I finally got it working, what I don't like is that I don't know what did it

I had removed both .sbt and .ivy2 before to no avail but this time it seems to have worked.

Thanks for your patience.

jean