ckeditor with SimpleForm 2.0.0

J. Pablo Fernández

Feb 14, 2012, 10:12:31 AM2/14/12
to plataformate...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm loving SimpleForm 2.0.0. I was cleaning up my forms and as I was going through a couple of times I thought "I wish SimpleForm would do this or that" and when I decided I had enough, and went for the fork button, I discovered that SimpleForm already could do what I wanted in its upcoming 2.0.0. This is great! :)

I did found that the very latest ckeditor didn't work with SimpleForm 2, so I fixed it in my fork which you can find on: https://github.com/watu/ckeditor The fix works for both SimpleForm 2 and 1. I obviously made a pull request here: https://github.com/galetahub/ckeditor/pull/75 and this is the commit: https://github.com/watu/ckeditor/commit/d8c7c8a8b982dba37f9ceaf4cfde2f13b4bb50a8

For those familiar with SimpleForm's internal, do you think that way of integrating Ckeditor into SimpleForm is better than the one that was there before? I took the liberty of marking the previous one as deprecated, so I'd like to know whether the decision was correct.

Thanks.

Carlos Antonio da Silva

Feb 14, 2012, 10:25:56 AM2/14/12
to plataformate...@googlegroups.com
I agree with you, it seems a lot cleaner this way, and is better integrated with SimpleForm custom inputs structure. Great work.

Just one side note: I believe you don't need to use @builder.send(:cktext_area…), you could just call the method.

I'm wondering if we could link this as an example to SimpleForm wiki about how to deal with custom inputs (considering they're gonna merge it :). Would be a great example there.

Regards.

--
At.
Carlos Antonio