[ANN] gradle-pitest-plugin 1.1.1 available

Marcin Zajączkowski

Oct 10, 2014, 5:31:58 AM10/10/14
to PIT Users
Hello everyone,

gradle-pitest-plugin 1.1.1 has been released.

Only minor changes:
- plugin available through the new Gradle Plugin Portal -
http://plugins.gradle.org/plugin/info.solidsoft.pitest
- base automatic functional tests
- ability to easier override PIT dependencies (like the old version of
TestNG)
- PIT 1.1.0 by default

The plugin is still build with Gradle 1.12, but can be used also with
the projects using Gradle 2.x (tested with 2.0 and 2.1).

*Breaking change*. The plugin ID has to be changed to make the plugin
compatible with the new plugin portal. Therefore starting with 1.1.0 the
plugin has to be applied with:

apply plugin: 'info.solidsoft.pitest'

instead of:

apply plugin: 'pitest'

The artifacts are available in Maven Central Repository and JCenter.

More information is available on the project web page:
http://gradle-pitest-plugin.solidsoft.info/

Marcin

--
http://blog.solidsoft.info/ - Working code is not enough

Jonathas Santos

Jan 25, 2015, 7:14:27 PM1/25/15
to pitu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcin.

I'm using the tool on an Android project, the IDE Android Studio. But when you try to insert the plugin PIT as indicated in the tutorial, I have the following error:

Error :() Can not add task ': app: test' as a task with que name already exists.

Could help me to solved this?

Marcin Zajączkowski

Jan 26, 2015, 3:05:08 AM1/26/15
to pitu...@googlegroups.com
On 2015-01-26 01:14, Jonathas Santos wrote:
> Hi Marcin.
>
> I'm using the tool on an Android project, the IDE Android Studio. But when
> you try to insert the plugin PIT as indicated in the tutorial, I have the
> following error:
>
> *Error :() Can not add task ': app: test' as a task with que name already
> exists.*
>
> Could help me to solved this?

Hi Jonathas,

I haven't tried to use it with Android project, but the error looks
strange anyway. I assume that there is everything ok with the project
just before you add PIT plugin?

Is it an open source project? If yes, please provide a link to it. If
not is it a single-module and multi-module build? Could you provide (via
Gist or some other PasteBin service - here or on priv) an important
parts of the configuration and the result of running `./gradlew pitest
--info`?

Marcin

Jonathas Santos

Jan 27, 2015, 9:47:03 AM1/27/15
to pitu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcin

Yes,is an open source project ---> https://github.com/kvandermast/my-robolectric-app
Everything ok with the project before i addeed apply plugin: "info.solidsoft.pitest",
After this, an error appears

Thanks for help :)

Marcin Zajączkowski

Feb 1, 2015, 6:51:12 PM2/1/15
to pitu...@googlegroups.com
On 2015-01-27 15:47, Jonathas Santos wrote:
> Hi Marcin
>
> Yes,is an open source project
> ---> https://github.com/kvandermast/my-robolectric-app
> Everything ok with the project before i addeed apply plugin:
> "info.solidsoft.pitest",
> After this, an error appears
> The link of project description
> is: http://raptordigital.blogspot.be/2014/05/robolectric-gradle-and-android-test.html

Hi Jonathas,

I finally managed to get Android SDK (14GB in default configuration -
nice!) and I was able to reproduce the problem. The key is the line just
before the error you pasted:

> * What went wrong:
> A problem occurred evaluating project ':app'.
>> Failed to apply plugin [id 'info.solidsoft.pitest']
> > Failed to apply plugin [id 'java']
> > Cannot add task ':app:test' as a task with that name already exists.

Looking at the robolectric-gradle-plugin source code I see that it uses
JavaBasePlugin while gradle-pitest-plugin uses JavaPlugin. They are not
compatible (cannot be used together) and for gradle-pitest-plugin
JavaBasePlugin is not enough.

I have no clear idea how to solve it. Maybe some conditional logic to
work in a mode where sourcesets are created in non standard way.

Please subscribe to
https://github.com/szpak/gradle-pitest-plugin/issues/24 to get info
about possible progress.

Marcin