RE: [p3rtp] Fatal System Error while changing Hotscript-Lists

Bert Goudry

Jun 27, 2011, 4:00:57 AM6/27/11
to pinnacl...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

About a year ago I had the same problems.  Creating Submenu’s could make P3 less crash-proof.  Sometimes you could swap from one menu to another (10 times in a row) and 5 minutes later one click to open a submenu would crash the plan.

I’ve asked it on the listserver and got some reply’s.  None of them could realy explain why this was happening.

There were some remarks on parts of my scripts.

There was a remark about the way we all work with the same “p3rtp” account.

After some rewriting and reconstructing the submenu’s I had a almost perfect working menu.  Some times there were some crashes but most of the time it worked.

Below is the link to the item on Google groups

http://groups.google.com/group/pinnacle3-users/search?hl=en&group=pinnacle3-users&q=submenu

But I still had some crashes.  On of the submenu’s even seemd to crash 90% of the time.

It was after I had created a uniqe new window for variable isodoslines

 (isodose.jpg)

I tought that this also could work for the menu’s also.

So after some trial and error I came up with a solution to create windows containing the scripts for the submenu’s.

 (submenu.jpg)

This way of creating submenu’s is a bit more difficult but it works without any crashes.

I’ve posted the example on medphysfiles.com. (see link below)

http://www.medphysfiles.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=101

I hope this could help you to create a stable menu-environment.

I can also led you know that I’m trying to create an easyer way of creating unique windows for the submenu’s.

Sincerely yours,

Bert

Bert Goudry

Dosimetrist

Universitaire Radiotherapie Antwerpen
ZNA Middelheim
Lindendreef 1
2020 Antwerpen
Belgium

+32 3 2802188

bert.goudry@zna.be

isodose.jpg
isodose.jpg

Frank Adler

Jun 28, 2011, 3:48:26 AM6/28/11
to pinnacle3-users
Thanks for replying, looks promising, as I have a lot of Menus it will
take a while converting them – I’ going to report if it helped!
Nevertheless, Philips should solve the problem!
Regards,
Frank

On Jun 27, 10:00 am, Bert Goudry <Bert.Gou...@zna.be> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> About a year ago I had the same problems.  Creating Submenu's could make P3 less crash-proof.  Sometimes you could swap from one menu to another (10 times in a row) and 5 minutes later one click to open a submenu would crash the plan.
>
> I've asked it on the listserver and got some reply's.  None of them could realy explain why this was happening.
> There were some remarks on parts of my scripts.
> There was a remark about the way we all work with the same "p3rtp" account.
>
> After some rewriting and reconstructing the submenu's I had a almost perfect working menu.  Some times there were some crashes but most of the time it worked.
>
> Below is the link to the item on Google groupshttp://groups.google.com/group/pinnacle3-users/search?hl=en&group=pin...
> But I still had some crashes.  On of the submenu's even seemd to crash 90% of the time.
>
> It was after I had created a uniqe new window for variable isodoslines
> [cid:image003....@01CC34B1.1B423000] (isodose.jpg)
> I tought that this also could work for the menu's also.
>
> So after some trial and error I came up with a solution to create windows containing the scripts for the submenu's.
>
> [cid:image004....@01CC34B1.1B423000] (submenu.jpg)
> This way of creating submenu's is a bit more difficult but it works without any crashes.
> I've posted the example on medphysfiles.com. (see link below)http://www.medphysfiles.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=101
>
> I hope this could help you to create a stable menu-environment.
>
> I can also led you know that I'm trying to create an easyer way of creating unique windows for the submenu's.
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> Bert
> ___________________________________________________________________________­_
> Bert Goudry
> Dosimetrist
> Universitaire Radiotherapie Antwerpen
> ZNA Middelheim
> Lindendreef 1
> 2020 Antwerpen
> Belgium
>
> +32 3 2802188
> bert.gou...@zna.be<mailto:2ann.coelm...@zna.be>
> ___________________________________________________________________________­_
>
>  image003.jpg
> 13KViewDownload
>
>  image004.jpg
> 64KViewDownload
>
>  isodose.jpg
> 37KViewDownload
>
>  isodose.jpg
> 37KViewDownload

Sam Painter

Jul 18, 2011, 2:02:07 AM7/18/11
to pinnacle3-users
I, too, was having intermittent Fatals when Destroying and Reloading
HotScriptLists. Never could resolve.

Coincidentally, I just implemented a window based approach similar to
Bert's (see link below).

The window I'm using opens in the same location as the
"SidePopupTools" window from AcQSim licensed stations. This way it is
always available. I'm also using the widget_class = "CascadeButton"
with submenu PushButtons to organise and give the hierarchic feel.

Launching the window is done in the PinnacleInit file on plan startup.

Regards,
Sam Painter
> > 37KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

Rico

Oct 24, 2016, 9:23:38 PM10/24/16
to pinnacle3-users
Hi Sam,

Would you please share how you implemented  widget_class = "CascadeButton"
with submenu PushButtons. I tried using it,but not successful, I can create CascadeButton and submenu PushButtons, but the submenu PushButtons did not show up even I click on CascadeButton. I think I must miss something since I directly copy and rewrite from one of cfg file.

Thanks!

Rico