PEAR2_Templates_Savant and Savant

rizwan

Oct 12, 2011, 7:42:44 AM10/12/11
to PHP Savant
hi all,

i am trying to understand whats difference between
PEAR2_Templates_Savant and Savant??

any one?

regs

Brett Bieber

Oct 12, 2011, 10:38:39 AM10/12/11
to phps...@googlegroups.com
Hi Regs,

You could say PEAR2_Templates_Savant is the next generation of Savant.
I originally took the code and forked Savant3 to a project with a new
name, called Savvy. There are some fundamental differences in how the
templates function, and how to render data through the templates.
Those fundamental differences made me want to use a different name to
discourage users from blindly upgrading and breaking all of their
templates.

Greg Beaver encouraged me to release the code in PEAR2 as
PEAR2_Templates_Savant, and that's what is released there.

The Savvy code is on Github, and all the releases have been published
on the phpsavant.com PEAR channel.
https://github.com/saltybeagle/Savvy

PEAR2_Templates_Savant follows the PEAR2 coding standards and requires PHP 5.3+
Savvy follows the standard PEAR coding standards and requires PHP 5.1+

A blog post which describes the advancements made is available here:
http://saltybeagle.com/2009/11/php-template-wars/

--
Brett Bieber

rizwan

Oct 12, 2011, 7:53:40 PM10/12/11
to PHP Savant
Hi Brett,

thanks for reply, that surely helped to understand both systems.

regs
Rizwan