[VOTE] Errata in Meta Docs

Phil Sturgeon

Aug 25, 2013, 7:13:12 PM8/25/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
As I explained in the [Poll] Errata thread, we've got a few issues where the intent of PSR-2 and the actual PSR-2 CodeSniffer implementation differ. The only reasonable solution to this - without getting involved in amendments - is to use Errata. There are 7 project representatives agreeing this is a good idea and I've heard positive feedback from others, so lets go.

This vote is just going to be to add a note into the workflow bylaw explaining that an Errata section can be used in the meta document, and explains the constraints of the errata.
  1. Everything must be voted in.
  2. No new binding rules can be added.
  3. Clarification is the main intention.
There is no issue of ridiculous new rules being added, because somebody tries then we'll hopefully all vote them out.

If this vote passes I will create a new Pull Request for PSR-2 adding a meta-doc with the main point of contention. There are a few things, but we'll do them one at a time until CodeSniffer implements PSR-2 the way we expect it to.

Please vote +1 to merge this PR.

Vote closes Sunday 8th Sept, 2013 at 19:30pm EST.

+1 from PyroCMS

Jordi Boggiano

Aug 25, 2013, 7:20:49 PM8/25/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

John Mertic

Aug 25, 2013, 9:04:46 PM8/25/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from SugarCRM

On 8/25/13, Jordi Boggiano <j.bog...@seld.be> wrote:
> +1
>
> --

John Mertic
jme...@gmail.com | http://jmertic.wordpress.com

Larry Garfield

Aug 25, 2013, 9:57:28 PM8/25/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
Since Phil didn't mention it, this is the PR specifically being voted on:

https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/162

+1

--Larry Garfield, Drupal

Karsten Dambekalns

Aug 26, 2013, 3:07:01 AM8/26/13
to Larry Garfield, php...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

On 26. August2013 at 3:57:33 , Larry Garfield (la...@garfieldtech.com) wrote:
>https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/162

+1 from TYPO3 Flow.

Regards,
Karsten

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 26, 2013, 3:24:25 AM8/26/13
to php...@googlegroups.com, Larry Garfield

On Aug 26, 2013, at 9:07 , Karsten Dambekalns <kar...@dambekalns.de> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On 26. August2013 at 3:57:33 , Larry Garfield (la...@garfieldtech.com) wrote:
>> https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/162
>
> +1 from TYPO3 Flow.

+1 from Jackalope

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
sm...@pooteeweet.org

signature.asc

Pádraic Brady

Aug 26, 2013, 4:02:49 AM8/26/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Zend Framework

Pádraic Brady

Mike van Riel

Aug 26, 2013, 4:15:41 AM8/26/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from phpDocumentor

William DURAND

Aug 26, 2013, 5:27:32 AM8/26/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Propel

--
William

Phil Sturgeon

Donald Gilbert

Aug 29, 2013, 10:28:54 PM8/29/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Joomla for adding the ability to clarify points of confusion within PSR's.

Paul M. Jones

Aug 29, 2013, 10:42:34 PM8/29/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Aura/Solar

--
Paul M. Jones
pmjo...@gmail.com

Drak

Aug 30, 2013, 5:18:16 AM8/30/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Zikula.

Fabien Potencier

Aug 30, 2013, 8:48:56 AM8/30/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

On 8/30/13 11:18 AM, Drak wrote:
> +1 from Zikula.
>

> On 26 August 2013 00:13, Phil Sturgeon <em...@philsturgeon.co.uk
> <mailto:em...@philsturgeon.co.uk>> wrote:
>
> As I explained in the [Poll] Errata
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/php-fig/89he2UxZopk> thread,
> we've got a few issues where the intent of PSR-2 and the actual
> PSR-2 CodeSniffer implementation differ. The only reasonable
> solution to this - without getting involved in amendments - is to
> use Errata. There are 7 project representatives agreeing this is a
> good idea and I've heard positive feedback from others, so lets go.
>
> This vote is just going to be to add a note into the workflow bylaw
> explaining that an Errata section can be used in the meta document,
> and explains the constraints of the errata.
>
> 1. Everything must be voted in.
> 2. No new binding rules can be added.
> 3. Clarification is the main intention.
>
> There is no issue of ridiculous new rules being added, because
> somebody tries then we'll hopefully all vote them out.
>
> If this vote passes I will create a new Pull Request for PSR-2
> adding a meta-doc with the main point
> <https://gist.github.com/philsturgeon/6320152> of contention. There
> are a few things, but we'll do them one at a time until CodeSniffer
> implements PSR-2 the way we expect it to.
>
> Please vote +1 to merge this PR.
>
> Vote closes Sunday 8th Sept, 2013 at 19:30pm EST.
>
> *+1 from PyroCMS*
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/e27e683f-0e68-49ad-8b8d-83624ae7dc41%40googlegroups.com.
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/CANAnSg2dB_GP4%3DfPFAa82E_DOtACL258rMiCztDTVDd0Jowx-Q%40mail.gmail.com.

Brett Bieber

Aug 30, 2013, 9:16:12 AM8/30/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from PEAR

Brett Bieber

Dowling, Michael

Aug 30, 2013, 1:18:37 PM8/30/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
AWS: +1

-Michael

Larry E. Masters

Sep 3, 2013, 5:24:30 PM9/3/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from CakePHP

--
Larry E. Masters

Kris Wallsmith

Sep 3, 2013, 5:26:51 PM9/3/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

Thanks Phil!

Taylor Otwell

Sep 3, 2013, 5:27:47 PM9/3/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

Paul Dragoonis

Sep 3, 2013, 5:51:32 PM9/3/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
A belated +1 from PPI Framework.

guilher...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2013, 7:10:00 PM9/3/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Doctrine

Guilherme Blanco
MSN: guilher...@hotmail.com
GTalk: guilhermeblanco
Toronto - ON/Canada
Message has been deleted

Phil Sturgeon

Sep 8, 2013, 7:32:38 PM9/8/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
Voting closed at 19:30 EST.

For: 20
Against: 0
Abstained / No Vote: 7

Vote passes, we can now use Errata to clarify stuff in meta docs on a per-vote basis.