[Discuss] [Poll] Errata

Michael C

Aug 23, 2013, 3:16:03 PM8/23/13
to php...@googlegroups.com

This thread is for discussion of the Errata concept currently being polled.

My comment:

It means creating a meta document for PSR-2 though or should we create one with just this section?

Thanks,

Michael C

Aug 23, 2013, 3:17:48 PM8/23/13
to php...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, 23 August 2013 15:16:03 UTC-4, Michael Cullum wrote:

It means creating a meta document for PSR-2 though or should we create one with just this section?

Thanks,

Michael C

We would need to make one yes.

It would be empty other than the Errata, as it didn't have an Editor/Sponsors/etc.

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 23, 2013, 3:28:38 PM8/23/13
to php...@googlegroups.com

On Aug 23, 2013, at 21:16 , "Michael C" <m...@michaelcullum.com> wrote:

> This thread is for discussion of the Errata concept currently being polled.

I generally think that an FAQ/Errata makes sense to clarify language that is in the document not to add additional aspects. Of course this gives the opportunity to split hairs over which ever it is .. but I guess as long as we have a passing vote on this .. we can determine which ever it is with confidence.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
sm...@pooteeweet.org

signature.asc

Larry Garfield

Aug 23, 2013, 6:14:39 PM8/23/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
I agree. I think the example that Phil posted is a good example. "No
no, it doesn't go THAT far, that rule you think is there isn't really."

As long as all errata go through a vote, I'm comfortable with adding
them to meta docs. We can then add meta docs for the existing PSRs as
needed.

--Larry Garfield

Michael C

Aug 24, 2013, 5:40:28 PM8/24/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
Phil,

I think the poll has enough backing to submit it for a vote (as that surveys
the members anyway, it's just that doing a poll then vote takes a while)?

Thanks,
Michael C

guilher...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2013, 7:29:15 PM8/24/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Doctrine

--
Guilherme Blanco
MSN: guilher...@hotmail.com

Phil Sturgeon

Aug 25, 2013, 12:40:32 AM8/25/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Michael, it certainly seems to have some support.

The vote will be to accept this change to the workflow bylaw.

Can anyone think of anything else I'll need to change to make Errata a thing?