[ACCEPTANCE VOTE][CC] PSR-15 HTTP Server Request Handlers

Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Jan 12, 2018, 10:47:52 AM1/12/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
The REVIEW period for the proposed PSR-15, HTTP Server Request
Handlers, hit its minimum required length on 2 January 2018. We
continued the period since then to iron out additional clarifications
to the specification, which have all since been merged.

At this time, I am opening an ACCEPTANCE VOTE. Per the by-laws, the
acceptance vote is limited to Core Committee members. The vote will
close either at 23:59:59 UTC on 26 January 2018, or when all CC
members have cast their vote, whichever comes earlier.

The relevant materials are as follows:

- Specification:
https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/tree/4b417c91b89fbedaf3283620ce432b6f51c80cc0/proposed/http-handlers/request-handlers.md
- Meta Document:
https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/tree/4b417c91b89fbedaf3283620ce432b6f51c80cc0/proposed/http-handlers/request-handlers-meta.md

Implementations include those implementing only the
`MiddlewareInterface` (e.g., middleware providers) to those
implementing full middleware frameworks. Below is a list of some that
we feel are particularly representative:

- https://github.com/northwoods/broker — Maintained by Woody Gilk, our
Editor, this is a middleware dispatcher.
- https://github.com/middlewares — Maintained by Oscar Otero, a
working group member, this is a suite of reusable PSR-15 middleware
implementations you can compose into an application.
- https://github.com/zendframework/zend-stratigility/pull/134 — This
is a patch to an upcoming 3.0 version of zend-stratigility (maintained
by Zend Framework) that demonstrates the project plans to implement a
pure PSR-15 middleware dispatcher (vs a hybrid dispatcher as we do in
version 2). It provides a hybrid request handler/middleware
implementation allowing creation of a queue of middleware, and uses an
intermediary request handler to manage and dispatch that queue.
- https://github.com/zendframework/zend-expressive-skeleton/tree/release-3.0.0
— This is a proposed version of Expressive that uses Stratigility v3,
and thus represents a full PSR-15 middleware framework. The Zend
Framework project also has around 2 dozen middleware packages that all
have branches dedicated to PSR-15 support at this time; these are
representative of reusable PSR-15 `MiddlewareInterface`
implementations.
- https://github.com/ellipsephp/dispatcher — Maintained by Pierre
Mallinjoud, this is a PSR-15 middleware dispatcher that recursively
decorates a middleware queue in request handlers.

We identified around a half-dozen other projects as well, some of
which were still pinned to earlier revisions of the specification, but
theoretically compatible with little effort. As such, we more than
satisfy the minimum of 2 reference implementations. We can provide
additional links on request.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
mweiero...@gmail.com

Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Jan 12, 2018, 11:07:45 AM1/12/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Korvin Szanto

Jan 12, 2018, 12:43:20 PM1/12/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 Korvin Szanto

Thank you Matthew for your continued focus and dedication!

Cees-Jan Kiewiet

Jan 12, 2018, 12:55:07 PM1/12/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 Cees-Jan Kiewiet

Larry Garfield

Jan 12, 2018, 6:30:35 PM1/12/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

--Larry Garfield
signature.asc

Stefano Torresi

Jan 13, 2018, 10:20:12 AM1/13/18
to php...@googlegroups.com

+1

Stefano Torresi

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Jan 15, 2018, 7:43:21 AM1/15/18
to php...@googlegroups.com, Matthew Weier O'Phinney
+1 Lukas Kahwe Smith
> --

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
sm...@pooteeweet.org

signature.asc

Chris Tankersley

Jan 16, 2018, 8:41:39 AM1/16/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

-Chris Tankersley

Chris Tankersley
http://ctankersley.com

Beau Simensen

Jan 16, 2018, 10:36:16 AM1/16/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
+1

Graham Daniels

Jan 17, 2018, 8:32:55 AM1/17/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
+1 from Graham

GeeH

Jan 17, 2018, 11:39:14 AM1/17/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
+1

Samantha Quiñones

Jan 18, 2018, 10:58:14 AM1/18/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
+1

Samantha Quiñones, FIG CC

Sara Golemon

Jan 22, 2018, 11:44:28 AM1/22/18
On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 10:47:52 AM UTC-5, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
At this time, I am opening an ACCEPTANCE VOTE. Per the by-laws, the
acceptance vote is limited to Core Committee members. The vote will
close either at 23:59:59 UTC on 26 January 2018, or when all CC
members have cast their vote, whichever comes earlier.

+1 and I believe that's all of us.