[VOTE][Entrance] Autoloader

Phil Sturgeon

Aug 7, 2013, 9:41:18 AM8/7/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
Now that the new workflow is in place, a proposal needs an entrance vote to be actively worked on and condoned as something the FIG is interested in seeing become a PSR.

This proposal used to be known as PSR-X (an unofficial and accidental nickname), and has got some history. To help you catch up on all of that and make your decisions, a meta document has been put together (as will be done for all proposals in the future).

This vote is not to make it an "Accepted" PSR, and you don't need to agree with all of the wording. This vote is only to move the Autoloader from Pre-Draft to Draft.

If you like the idea in general, but have feedback on wording, formatting, code examples, whatever, then vote yes and send a pull request to Paul's repo now or later.

Editor: Paul M Jones
Sponsors: Me (Co-ordinator) & Larry Garfield

This vote will come to a close August 21st at 17:00 EST.

As Coordinator I am still allowed to vote on behalf of my project, so:

+1 from PyroCMS

Jordi Boggiano

Aug 7, 2013, 9:46:00 AM8/7/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

Paul M. Jones

Aug 7, 2013, 11:22:52 AM8/7/13
to php...@googlegroups.com

Pádraic Brady

Aug 7, 2013, 11:43:34 AM8/7/13
to php...@googlegroups.com

Cal Evans

Aug 7, 2013, 11:48:24 AM8/7/13
to php...@googlegroups.com

+1

=C=

John Mertic

Aug 7, 2013, 12:02:17 PM8/7/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from SugarCRM

On 8/7/13, Cal Evans <c...@calevans.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> =C=
> On Aug 7, 2013 6:41 AM, "Phil Sturgeon" <em...@philsturgeon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Now that the new
>> workflow<https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/bylaws/004-psr-workflow.md>
>> is
>> in place, a proposal needs an entrance vote to be actively worked on and
>> condoned as something the FIG is interested in seeing become a PSR.
>>
>> This
>> proposal<https://github.com/pmjones/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/autoloader/autoload.md>used
>> to be known as PSR-X (an unofficial and accidental nickname), and has
>> got some history. To help you catch up on all of that and make your
>> decisions, a meta
>> document<https://github.com/pmjones/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/autoloader/autoload-meta.md>
>> has
>> been put together (as will be done for all proposals in the future).
>>
>> This vote is not to make it an "Accepted" PSR, and you don't need to
>> agree
>> with all of the wording. This vote is only to move the Autoloader from
>> Pre-Draft to Draft.
>>
>> If you like the idea in general, but have feedback on wording,
>> formatting,
>> code examples, whatever, then vote yes and send a pull request to Paul's
>> repo now or later.
>>
>> *Editor: *Paul M Jones
>> *Sponsors:* Me (Co-ordinator) & Larry Garfield
>>
>> This vote will come to a close August 21st at 17:00 EST.
>>
>> As Coordinator I am still allowed to vote on behalf of my project, so:
>>
>> *+1 from PyroCMS*
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/b50695e5-919e-44aa-9e89-510bd2fb833f%40googlegroups.com
>> .
>>

> --

John Mertic
jme...@gmail.com | http://jmertic.wordpress.com

Karsten Dambekalns

Aug 7, 2013, 12:27:35 PM8/7/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Phil Sturgeon wrote:
> <https://github.com/pmjones/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/autoloader/autoload.md>
> <https://github.com/pmjones/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/autoloader/autoload-meta.md>

> This vote is not to make it an "Accepted" PSR, and you don't need to
> agree with all of the wording. This vote is only to move the Autoloader
> from Pre-Draft to Draft.

+1 from TYPO3 Flow

Regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns - Creative Code Engineer
TYPO3 Neos & Flow Developer

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org

Larry Garfield

Aug 7, 2013, 12:29:44 PM8/7/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

--Larry Garfield, Drupal

On 8/7/13 8:41 AM, Phil Sturgeon wrote:
> Now that the new workflow
> <https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/bylaws/004-psr-workflow.md> is
> in place, a proposal needs an entrance vote to be actively worked on and
> condoned as something the FIG is interested in seeing become a PSR.
>
> This proposal
> <https://github.com/pmjones/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/autoloader/autoload.md>
> used to be known as PSR-X (an unofficial and accidental nickname), and
> has got some history. To help you catch up on all of that and make your
> decisions, a meta document
> <https://github.com/pmjones/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/autoloader/autoload-meta.md> has
> been put together (as will be done for all proposals in the future).
>
> This vote is not to make it an "Accepted" PSR, and you don't need to
> agree with all of the wording. This vote is only to move the Autoloader
> from Pre-Draft to Draft.
>
> If you like the idea in general, but have feedback on wording,
> formatting, code examples, whatever, then vote yes and send a pull
> request to Paul's repo now or later.
>
> *Editor: *Paul M Jones
> *Sponsors:* Me (Co-ordinator) & Larry Garfield
>
> This vote will come to a close August 21st at 17:00 EST.
>
> As Coordinator I am still allowed to vote on behalf of my project, so:

Drak

Aug 7, 2013, 12:30:40 PM8/7/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

Mike van Riel

Aug 7, 2013, 12:43:28 PM8/7/13
to php...@googlegroups.com, php...@googlegroups.com
+1
--
Message has been deleted

David North

Aug 8, 2013, 3:55:00 AM8/8/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

William Durand

Aug 8, 2013, 3:56:24 AM8/8/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

--
William Durand | http://www.williamdurand.fr

+1

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 8, 2013, 9:23:41 AM8/8/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Jackalope
> --

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
sm...@pooteeweet.org

signature.asc

Brett Bieber

Aug 8, 2013, 12:26:10 PM8/8/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from PEAR

Brett Bieber

Paul Dragoonis

Aug 9, 2013, 6:32:13 AM8/9/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from PPI Framework

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 9:07 PM, Taylor Otwell <taylor...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 from Laravel

Dowling, Michael

Aug 9, 2013, 5:40:23 PM8/9/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
AWS votes 0

-Michael

Donald Gilbert

Aug 13, 2013, 10:47:18 AM8/13/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Joomla

Cal Evans

Aug 13, 2013, 1:49:40 PM8/13/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

=C=

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 7:47 AM, Donald Gilbert <dilber...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 from Joomla

Read this book before you hire a
developer to build your website.

Taylor Otwell

Aug 14, 2013, 11:42:20 AM8/14/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

guilher...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2013, 12:25:22 AM8/16/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

Guilherme Blanco
MSN: guilher...@hotmail.com
GTalk: guilhermeblanco
Toronto - ON/Canada

Nils Adermann

Aug 16, 2013, 9:45:58 AM8/16/13
to php...@googlegroups.com, Phil Sturgeon
+1

On 08/07/2013 03:41 PM, Phil Sturgeon wrote:
> Now that the new workflow
> <https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/bylaws/004-psr-workflow.md> is
> in place, a proposal needs an entrance vote to be actively worked on and
> condoned as something the FIG is interested in seeing become a PSR.
>
> This proposal
> <https://github.com/pmjones/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/autoloader/autoload.md>
> used to be known as PSR-X (an unofficial and accidental nickname), and
> has got some history. To help you catch up on all of that and make your
> decisions, a meta document
> <https://github.com/pmjones/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/autoloader/autoload-meta.md> has
> been put together (as will be done for all proposals in the future).
>
> This vote is not to make it an "Accepted" PSR, and you don't need to
> agree with all of the wording. This vote is only to move the Autoloader
> from Pre-Draft to Draft.
>
> If you like the idea in general, but have feedback on wording,
> formatting, code examples, whatever, then vote yes and send a pull
> request to Paul's repo now or later.
>
> *Editor: *Paul M Jones
> *Sponsors:* Me (Co-ordinator) & Larry Garfield
>
> This vote will come to a close August 21st at 17:00 EST.
>
> As Coordinator I am still allowed to vote on behalf of my project, so:
>
> *+1 from PyroCMS*
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/b50695e5-919e-44aa-9e89-510bd2fb833f%40googlegroups.com.

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 18, 2013, 3:11:07 PM8/18/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
-1 from Jackalope

On Aug 7, 2013, at 15:41 , Phil Sturgeon <em...@philsturgeon.co.uk> wrote:

> --

signature.asc

Phil Sturgeon

Aug 22, 2013, 9:43:52 AM8/22/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
Voting closed 17:00 EST yesterday, but as nobody has voted since then it's not a complication that I'm posting results now instead of then.

For: 17
Against: 1
Abstained: 1

We had a few who didn't vote, but with 27 members in the group, 19 voters taking part and 17 +1s this has passed.

According to the new workflow bylaw I've added this Autoloading Standard as PSR-4, as the last PSR in the system at any status was PSR-3. Check out the PSR Index to see more.