[CC Nomination Request] Jason Coward

Jason Coward

Nov 2, 2016, 12:37:38 PM11/2/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
To all FIG project representatives:

I am writing to the list today to request a nomination to the FIG 3.0 Core Committee.

I am the project representative for Slim Framework and I have been heavily involved in PHP development for the past 12 years. I believe I could bring a unique perspective to the Core Committee, not only as a representative of the Slim microframework but also as Chief Architect of the MODX Revolution CMS (http://modx.com) and the developer of a small O/RM library that powers that CMS. My varied and lengthy experience in numerous open source projects that encompass a wide-range of PHP development styles would allow me to bring a very balanced perspective to the Core Committee. I am equally fond of and experienced with legacy monolithic applications and decoupled microservices, and do not have a problem considering perspectives outside of my comfort zone. I hold strong convictions, but am always willing to listen to the ideas of others and change my beliefs when warranted.

I am asking for this nomination through the mailing list as I do not have a lot of strong personal relationships with any other FIG members at this time. But I would like for that to change moving forward. Despite the recent turmoil and challenges the FIG has experienced, I believe that the FIG has an important leadership role to play in the PHP community. I would sincerely like to offer my service and experience to that end.

I understand that in order for me to be nominated for this position you need to notify the FIG mailing list of your intent to do so before November 10th, 2016 at 23:59 UTC. I will then need to confirm the nomination and a FIG secretary will need to accept it to make it official.

Thanks,

Jason Coward

Korvin Szanto

Nov 3, 2016, 1:46:57 PM11/3/16
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
Yesterday Jason appealed to the group [1] requesting to be nominated to run for the core committee. Now I don't personally know Jason, but I also don't have any reasons why he should not be nominated. Instead of hoping someone else will do it, I think it's best to get it done now and nominate him formally.

Best wishes,
Korvin

Jason Coward

Nov 3, 2016, 1:59:50 PM11/3/16
to php...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Korvin! You saved me from nominating myself which I did not want to do. ;)

I accept the nomination and look forward to this new chapter of the PHP FIG unfolding.

Sincerely,

Jason

November 3, 2016 at 11:46 AM

Jason Coward