[ACCEPTANCE VOTE][CC] PSR-17 HTTP Message Factories

Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Jul 18, 2018, 5:16:40 PM7/18/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
The REVIEW period for the proposed PSR-17, HTTP Message Factories, hit its minimum required duration on 2018-07-05. At this time, I am opening an ACCEPTANCE VOTE. Per the by-laws, the acceptance vote is limited to Core Committee members. The vote will close either at 23:59:59 UTC on 2018-08-01, or when all CC members have cast their vote, whichever comes earlier.

The relevant materials are as follows:

As required by the by-laws, we must demonstrate at least 2 implementations. The
following all either implement and/or consume PSR-17:

Additionally, we have already seen a lot of adoption under the current Interop\Http\Factory namespace:

(The above link lists 88 packages as of last count.)

CC members, please provide your votes in replies to this post.

DO NOT REPLY IF YOU ARE NOT A CC MEMBER, PLEASE!

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
mweiero...@gmail.com

Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Jul 18, 2018, 5:20:05 PM7/18/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from me

Beau Simensen

Jul 18, 2018, 5:23:40 PM7/18/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
+1

Korvin Szanto

Jul 18, 2018, 7:50:30 PM7/18/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

desig...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2018, 9:49:56 PM7/18/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I've used the same mechanism of auto-discovery in BitFrame microframework, for example: https://github.com/designcise/bitframe/blob/master/src/Factory/StreamFactory.php

(The complete list of factory classes are at: https://github.com/designcise/bitframe/tree/master/src/Factory)

From an implementation perspective, it works well for known libraries and they can work out-of-the-box. I use a main HttpMessageFactory that allows:

2. Entities to be created based on whatever factory is set in HttpMessageFactory (for e.g., https://github.com/designcise/bitframe/blob/master/src/Factory/HttpMessageFactory.php#L146).

Hope that helps.

Cees-Jan Kiewiet

Jul 19, 2018, 2:38:19 AM7/19/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

Chris Tankersley

Jul 22, 2018, 8:20:55 PM7/22/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

-Chris Tankersley

Chris Tankersley
http://ctankersley.com

Sara Golemon

Jul 23, 2018, 11:05:10 AM7/23/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
+1 from Sara

Samantha Quiñones

Jul 23, 2018, 11:59:28 AM7/23/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
+1

Larry Garfield

Jul 23, 2018, 1:43:12 PM7/23/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

--Larry Garfield

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 4:16:24 PM CDT Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
> The REVIEW period for the proposed PSR-17, HTTP Message Factories, hit its
> minimum required duration on 2018-07-05. At this time, I am opening an
> ACCEPTANCE VOTE. Per the by-laws, the acceptance vote is limited to Core
> Committee members. The vote will close either at 23:59:59 UTC on
> 2018-08-01, or when all CC members have cast their vote, whichever comes
> earlier.
>
> The relevant materials are as follows:
>

> - Specification:
>
> https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/be6dd60ea3bb24428eac661ee484c
> 09cc6d7a4d3/proposed/http-factory/http-factory.md - Meta Document:
>
> https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/be6dd60ea3bb24428eac661ee484c
> 09cc6d7a4d3/proposed/http-factory/http-factory-meta.md
>

> As required by the by-laws, we must demonstrate at least 2 implementations.
> The
> following all either implement and/or consume PSR-17:
>

> - https://github.com/tuupola/http-factory does autodiscovery of the
> installed packages to determine _which_ PSR-7 implementation the PSR-17
> factories will return. This package is particularly interesting, as the
> author is not a member of the WG!
> - https://github.com/http-interop/http-factory-diactoros,
> https://github.com/http-interop/http-factory-guzzle, and
> https://github.com/http-interop/http-factory-slim are packages
> maintained by Tobias Nyholm, and provide PSR-17 implementations using
> each of Diactoros, Slim, and Guzzle's PSR-7 implementations, respectively.
> - https://github.com/Nyholm/psr7 is also maintained by Tobias, and is both
> a PSR-7 implementation, as well as PSR-17 (using its own PSR-7
> implementations to back the factories).
> - https://github.com/middlewares/utils is maintained by the WG's Oscar
> Otero, and consumes PSR-17 interfaces in order to expose static factory
> methods. It currently autodetects each of Diactoros, Guzzle, and Slim
> PSR-7 implementations in order to provide PSR-17 functionality
> out-of-the-box, but allows using any PSR-17 implementation.
>

> Additionally, we have already seen a lot of adoption under the current
> Interop\Http\Factory namespace:
>

> - https://packagist.org/packages/http-interop/http-factory/dependents
signature.asc

Stefano Torresi