[VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader (2nd Attempt)

Phil Sturgeon

Nov 19, 2013, 11:40:42 AM11/19/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
The PSR-4 Autoloading Acceptance Vote is back. It has been in Review (again) for the required two weeks, and the feedback has come to an end with most people seeming content with the new version of the document.

Disagreement before came with people being unhappy or outright confused by the wording of the document, despite being content with the idea. Now we have simplistic and clear wording AND the same idea, so that should certainly be ticks in boxes for many of you.

The voting period is going to last for two weeks, and finish at 16:35 (4:35pm) UTC on December 3rd 2013.

+1 from PyroCMS

Larry Garfield

Nov 19, 2013, 11:48:19 AM11/19/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

--Larry Garfield, Drupal

On 11/19/13 10:40 AM, Phil Sturgeon wrote:
> The PSR-4 Autoloading Acceptance Vote is back. It has been in Review
> (again) for the required two weeks, and the feedback has come to an end
> with most people seeming content with the new version of the document.
>
> Disagreement before came with people being unhappy or outright confused
> by the wording of the document, despite being content with the idea. Now
> we have simplistic and clear wording AND the same idea, so that should
> certainly be ticks in boxes for many of you.
>
> *Proppsed PSR:
> *https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/psr-4-autoloader/psr-4-autoloader.md
> <https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/psr-4-autoloader/psr-4-autoloader.md>
> *Meta Document:*
> https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/psr-4-autoloader/psr-4-autoloader-meta.md
> <https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/psr-4-autoloader/psr-4-autoloader-meta.md>
>
> The voting period is going to last for two weeks, and finish at 16:35
> (4:35pm) UTC on December 3rd 2013.
>
> *+1 from PyroCMS*
>
> --
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

CalEvans

Nov 19, 2013, 12:25:57 PM11/19/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 Community
=C=

Paul M. Jones

Nov 19, 2013, 12:43:48 PM11/19/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Solar/Aura

--
Paul M. Jones
pmjo...@gmail.com

Donald Gilbert

Nov 19, 2013, 1:44:43 PM11/19/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Joomla

Evert Pot

Nov 19, 2013, 1:56:39 PM11/19/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

Excellent job... Hope we can maintain this style. Rock on

Leo Feyer

Nov 19, 2013, 2:03:46 PM11/19/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Contao

Taylor Otwell

Nov 19, 2013, 3:13:22 PM11/19/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 Laravel

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Nov 19, 2013, 4:57:49 PM11/19/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
I am waiting for some feedback on the jackalope-dev list, but as fundamentally there has been no change that would tip the con's in the favor of the pro's, Jackalope remains at -1. If for some reason other jackalope developers now feel that things have changed I will update the vote.

At any rate, I think the way PSR-4 was handled was top notch.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
sm...@pooteeweet.org

signature.asc

Larry E. Masters

Nov 19, 2013, 6:36:35 PM11/19/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

--
Larry E. Masters, CakePHP

Kris Wallsmith

Nov 19, 2013, 11:25:53 PM11/19/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Assetic

William Durand

Nov 20, 2013, 2:49:11 AM11/20/13
to php...@googlegroups.com

Jordi Boggiano

Nov 20, 2013, 3:44:39 AM11/20/13
to php...@googlegroups.com

Alexander Makarov

Nov 20, 2013, 5:08:41 AM11/20/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

André R.

Nov 22, 2013, 5:16:38 AM11/22/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 eZ Publish

Drak

Nov 22, 2013, 5:17:19 AM11/22/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 Zikula

Dimitrios Savvopoulos

Nov 22, 2013, 1:00:32 PM11/22/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

Dimitrios Savvopoulos

Nate Abele

Nov 22, 2013, 3:34:27 PM11/22/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
Having totally ignored the discussion up till now, including the meta-document, based on the examples I am confused as fuck.

However, given that a group as diverse as Phil, Larry, Jones, and Taylor all agree that this is a good idea (seriously, how often does *that* happen?), I am +1.

Mike van Riel

Nov 22, 2013, 4:32:07 PM11/22/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

Michael Dowling

Nov 22, 2013, 6:20:58 PM11/22/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 AWS

Ivan Habunek

Nov 23, 2013, 5:19:42 PM11/23/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

Looks very good.

Regards,
Ivan

Phil Sturgeon

Nov 23, 2013, 6:49:54 PM11/23/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
Thanks and all Dimitrios but you are not a voting member. :)
Message has been deleted

Phil Sturgeon

Nov 25, 2013, 10:20:01 AM11/25/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
Phill: You are not a voting member, please delete that post.

guilher...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2013, 10:47:39 AM11/25/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
-1 from Doctrine

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Phil Sturgeon <em...@philsturgeon.co.uk> wrote:
Phill: You are not a voting member, please delete that post.

Guilherme Blanco
MSN: guilher...@hotmail.com
GTalk: guilhermeblanco
Toronto - ON/Canada

Nils Adermann

Nov 27, 2013, 5:23:58 AM11/27/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from phpBB

On 11/19/2013 05:40 PM, Phil Sturgeon wrote:
> The PSR-4 Autoloading Acceptance Vote is back. It has been in Review
> (again) for the required two weeks, and the feedback has come to an end
> with most people seeming content with the new version of the document.
>
> Disagreement before came with people being unhappy or outright confused
> by the wording of the document, despite being content with the idea. Now
> we have simplistic and clear wording AND the same idea, so that should
> certainly be ticks in boxes for many of you.
>
> *Proppsed
> PSR: *https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/psr-4-autoloader/psr-4-autoloader.md
> <https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/psr-4-autoloader/psr-4-autoloader.md>
> *Meta
> Document:* https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/psr-4-autoloader/psr-4-autoloader-meta.md
> <https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/psr-4-autoloader/psr-4-autoloader-meta.md>
>
> The voting period is going to last for two weeks, and finish at 16:35
> (4:35pm) UTC on December 3rd 2013.
>
> *+1 from PyroCMS*
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/2e6a2b6d-f7c9-45f0-84e9-1ce6895e6dea%40googlegroups.com.

Karsten Dambekalns

Nov 27, 2013, 3:36:47 AM11/27/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
signature.asc

Bernhard Schussek

Nov 30, 2013, 4:35:19 AM11/30/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
I'm surprised, this is nice! Thanks to everyone involved for the work.

+1 from Symfony

--
Bernhard Schussek
Blog: http://webmozarts.com

Brett Bieber

Akinyele Olubodun

Dec 2, 2013, 11:13:05 AM12/2/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 ThinkGP

Pádraic Brady

Dec 2, 2013, 12:10:06 PM12/2/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Zend Framework

Paddy

Pádraic Brady

Paul Dragoonis

Dec 2, 2013, 3:37:10 PM12/2/13
to php...@googlegroups.com

+1 from PPI Framework

John Mertic

Dec 2, 2013, 3:42:33 PM12/2/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from SugarCRM

Phil Sturgeon

Dec 3, 2013, 11:43:45 AM12/3/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
Voting closed at 16:35 UTC.

Out of 30 current members 29 voted one way or the other, with only 1 forgetting to vote.

For: 26
Against: 2
Abstained: 0
No Vote: 1

This clearly passes quorum and holds a strong majority, so the vote has passed!

PSR-4 is now a thing. The Composer team are on the case and have a PR for PSR-4 support that will be hopefully worked in within the week.

I'll move it into the accepted folder now and get it on the website.

We did it.

Paul M. Jones

Dec 3, 2013, 11:46:03 AM12/3/13
to php...@googlegroups.com

On Dec 3, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Phil Sturgeon <em...@philsturgeon.co.uk> wrote:

> We did it.

Praise what gods may be.

--
Paul M. Jones
pmjo...@gmail.com

Paul Dragoonis

Dec 3, 2013, 11:48:05 AM12/3/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
Nice one, glad to have helped at least a little bit on this one.. also I'm digging the wee owl :)

Drak

Dec 3, 2013, 11:49:24 AM12/3/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
Epic!

David Zülke

Dec 3, 2013, 11:54:48 AM12/3/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
Late +1 from Agavi :)

In related news, I'm back in the PHP development business (don't tell anyone yet :p); expect me to be back to "acceptable" levels of activity on this group by the end of the year.

David

On 03.12.2013, at 17:43, Phil Sturgeon <em...@philsturgeon.co.uk> wrote:

> Voting closed at 16:35 UTC.
>
> Out of 30 current members 29 voted one way or the other, with only 1 forgetting to vote.
>
> For: 26
> Against: 2
> Abstained: 0
> No Vote: 1
>
> This clearly passes quorum and holds a strong majority, so the vote has passed!
>

> PSR-4 is now a thing. The Composer team are on the case and have a PR for PSR-4 support that will be hopefully worked in within the week.
>
> I'll move it into the accepted folder now and get it on the website.
>
> We did it.

Mike van Riel

Dec 3, 2013, 12:00:20 PM12/3/13
to php...@googlegroups.com

Welcome back David!

Mike van Riel

Dec 3, 2013, 12:01:15 PM12/3/13
to php...@googlegroups.com

Excellent news! Congratulations to all involved!

demonkoryu

Dec 4, 2013, 3:32:26 AM12/4/13
to php...@googlegroups.com
What do they say: "About damn time!"

You guys deserve a statue for pulling this one. Cheers!