[ENTRANCE] [VOTE] [CC] PHPDoc & PHPDoc Tags PSRs

Michael Cullum

Sep 14, 2018, 1:40:02 PM9/14/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hi all,

PSR-5 has been quiet for a long time and it's recently been revived. The next step is having an entrance vote for the Core Committee. The purpose of an entrance vote is to agree it's a spec the FIG agrees should be worked on and start a working group, not to comment on any existing content of the specifications.

The intention is to split what was PSR-5 into two separate PSRs, one for the PHPDoc format, and another to define a tag catalog. There will therefore be two votes. The rationale behind the splitting is to make it easier to add new tag dictionary PSRs in the future and also make PHPDoc more generic so it can be used for non-docblock standard such as Doctrine-style annotations.

Vote 1:

Vote 2:

Working group for both PSRs:
Editor: Chuck Burgess - PEAR
Sponsor: Michael Cullum - PHP-FIG
Alexey Gopachenko - PhpStorm
Matthew Brown - Psalm
Ondrej Mirtes - PHPStan

Please when voting specify votes for both for example:

Vote 1 (PHPDoc PSR-5): Yes
Vote 2 (PHPDoc Tags PSR-19): Yes

Please do not reply to this topic if you are not a CC member.

Chuck Burgess

Sep 14, 2018, 1:45:41 PM9/14/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
Vote 1 (PHPDoc PSR-5): Yes
Vote 2 (PHPDoc Tags PSR-19): Yes

Chuck Burgess

Matthew Brown

Sep 14, 2018, 2:13:45 PM9/14/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Vote 1 (PHPDoc PSR-5): Yes
Vote 2 (PHPDoc Tags PSR-19): Yes

Matthew Brown

Larry Garfield

Sep 14, 2018, 2:56:56 PM9/14/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
PSR-5: Yes
PSR-19: Yes

--Larry Garfield

On Friday, September 14, 2018 12:40:02 PM CDT Michael Cullum wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> PSR-5 has been quiet for a long time and it's recently been revived. The
> next step is having an entrance vote for the Core Committee. The purpose of
> an entrance vote is to agree it's a spec the FIG agrees should be worked on
> and start a working group, not to comment on any existing content of the
> specifications.
>
> The intention is to split what was PSR-5 into two separate PSRs, one for
> the PHPDoc format, and another to define a tag catalog. There will
> therefore be two votes. The rationale behind the splitting is to make it
> easier to add new tag dictionary PSRs in the future and also make PHPDoc
> more generic so it can be used for non-docblock standard such as
> Doctrine-style annotations.
>
> *Vote 1:*
> PHPDoc (PSR-5)
> -
> https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/phpdoc-meta.m
>
> *Vote 2:*
> PHPDoc Tags (would become PSR-19)
> -
> https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/phpdoc-tags-m
> eta.md
>
> *Working group for both PSRs:*
> Editor: Chuck Burgess - PEAR
> Sponsor: Michael Cullum - PHP-FIG
> Alexey Gopachenko - PhpStorm
> Matthew Brown - Psalm
> Ondrej Mirtes - PHPStan
>

> Please when voting specify votes for both for example:
>
> Vote 1 (PHPDoc PSR-5): Yes
>
> > Vote 2 (PHPDoc Tags PSR-19): Yes
>
> *Please do not reply to this topic if you are not a CC member. *

signature.asc

Michael Cullum

Sep 14, 2018, 4:51:00 PM9/14/18
to PHP FIG
Vote 1: Yes
Vote 2: Yes

--
Michael

Cees-Jan Kiewiet

Sep 15, 2018, 7:33:05 AM9/15/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
Vote 1: Yes
Vote 2: Yes

Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Sep 15, 2018, 5:11:27 PM9/15/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
Vote 1 (PHPDoc PSR-5): yes
Vote 2 (PHPDoc Tags PSR-19): yes

Jordi Boggiano

Sep 17, 2018, 4:51:53 AM9/17/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
Vote 1 (PHPDoc PSR-5): yes
Vote 2 (PHPDoc Tags PSR-19): yes

Jordi Boggiano
@seldaek - https://seld.be

Stefano Torresi

Sep 17, 2018, 8:42:23 AM9/17/18
to php...@googlegroups.com

Chris Tankersley

Sep 17, 2018, 12:06:23 PM9/17/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
Vote 1: Yes
Vote 2: Yes

-Chris

Chris Tankersley
http://ctankersley.com

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Sep 20, 2018, 5:57:51 AM9/20/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
Vote 1 (PHPDoc PSR-5): Yes
Vote 2 (PHPDoc Tags PSR-19): Yes

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith

signature.asc

Sara Golemon

Samantha Quiñones

Sep 23, 2018, 9:54:10 PM9/23/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group

Alessandro Lai

Sep 25, 2018, 11:47:17 AM9/25/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I hereby close the vote. All the CC members have voted in unanimity, approving both PSR!

PR incoming to our main repo to reflect the new status.