[Nomination] Fig Secretary - Matthew Trask

grey...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2016, 3:25:40 PM8/10/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I hereby nominate Matthew Trask for the position of Secretary.

Matt reached out to me with an interest to serve as Secretary after talking with existing Secretaries. I feel like he'd be a good fit for the position.

-- Graham Daniels
Voting Representative -- The PHP League

Matt Trask

Aug 10, 2016, 8:20:51 PM8/10/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I accept!

Thanks for the sponsorship :)

Adam Culp

Aug 10, 2016, 8:56:17 PM8/10/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Oh +1, what a great nominee. Matt would be an amazing secretary.

Regards,
Adam Culp

Matt Trask

Aug 10, 2016, 9:01:13 PM8/10/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Thanks for the kind words Adam, that means a lot to hear from you.

Adam Culp

Aug 11, 2016, 7:35:33 AM8/11/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
We have many potentially good nominations for FIG secretary, and you are one of them. So to help members choose, please provide some insight:

1. Why did you accept the nomination?
2. What are your plans?
3. Similarly, what do you hope to accomplish as secretary?
4. At the moment do you see any reason why you would not remain for the full term?
5. Will you be able to keep a level head?

Regards,
Adam Culp
IBMiToolkit

Matt Trask

Aug 11, 2016, 8:25:46 AM8/11/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
1. Why did you accept the nomination? I accepted because I want to be involved. I want to get in with a fresh face and fresh eyes and offer new perspective. The FIG has tons of potential, whether it pivots to a standards body, or changes operations. Regardless of which, I want to be involved because I know that there is tons of potential and I want to see the FIG rise above the drama and keep pushing our community to new heights.

2. What are your plans? As secretary, I don't plan to come in with any biases or chips on the shoulder. I plan to do my best to keep the place running smoothly, getting members to vote, not just on PSR's but entrance votes. I hope that we can get the turn out of allowed voters up, but I think it would be great to involve the greater community more too. There are amazing programmers out there who stay away from the FIG cause of drama. Id like to try and get them in to the fold with their ideas.

3. Similarly, what do you hope to accomplish as secretary? Id like to get some of the PSR's being worked on passed into accepted state. Similarly I want to offer a voice to those who have ideas for PSR's to come further and get feedback. As a hope, but I know it'll be tough, Id like to see the drama ratcheted down a bit too.

4. At the moment do you see any reason why you would not remain for the full term? No, if elected I will serve the full term.

5. Will you be able to keep a level head? I tend to do really well with that. Since it is a mailing list and not real time, up to the second communication I am afforded a minute to calm down if something flares up. Im a very easy going person, I tend to not want to be fighting, but rather learning and progressing.

Michael Cullum

Aug 11, 2016, 6:27:48 PM8/11/16
to FIG, PHP
Thanks Matt and Graham. Nomination received.

--
Michael C
FIG Secretary