Camera in iOS 2.8.0 asking for photo location

Andrew Bullock

Jun 24, 2013, 3:07:32 AM6/24/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Since upgrading from 2.7.0 to 2.8.0, taking a photo on iOS is now asking permission to get the location the photo was taken.

I know there were some EXIF "bug fixes" in 2.8.0, is this an unintentional side effect of that?

How do I stop it asking to associate the location with the picture?

here is my code:

navigator.camera.getPicture(function(data) {
// foo
}, function(message) {
// bar
}, {
quality: 95,
destinationType: Camera.DestinationType.DATA_URL,
sourceType: Camera.PictureSourceType.CAMERA,
allowEdit: true,
encodingType: Camera.EncodingType.JPEG,
targetWidth: 640,
saveToPhotoAlbum: false,
correctOrientation: true,
cameraDirection: Camera.Direction.BACK
});

Shazron

Jun 24, 2013, 8:20:03 PM6/24/13
to phonegap
From the dev that worked on it:

"One of the consequences of imbedding location data is the need for location services permissions.

There are a couple of ways we could fix it, but all in native.

That having been said, it should only ever ask once, not each time an image is taken."

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

To compile in the cloud, check out build.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.

Andrew Bullock

Jun 25, 2013, 4:33:42 AM6/25/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com
:/

Right, that doesn't seem like a very sensible default.

Why isn't this an option? What is the roadmap for this feature?

In the meantime, how do I work around this or do I have to downgrade?

Thanks

Andrew

Shazron

Jun 25, 2013, 2:13:41 PM6/25/13
to phonegap
Just copy in an older CDVCamera.h and .m into your CordovaLib.

Shazron

Jun 25, 2013, 2:17:38 PM6/25/13
to phonegap
I filed an issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4003
Please add your comments there as well.

Andrew Bullock

Jun 27, 2013, 6:15:32 AM6/27/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Replacing with the 2.7.0 CDVCamera.h and .m does not solve this

Shazron

Jun 27, 2013, 2:52:09 PM6/27/13
to phonegap
Try an even older one, 2.6.0? - not sure exactly when this feature was added.

Andrew Bullock

Jul 2, 2013, 9:30:21 AM7/2/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I've commented out a whole block in CDVCamera.m (around line 315) to prevent everything EXIF as I don't need it.

Andrew

Adin Poprzanovic

Jul 23, 2013, 3:31:31 AM7/23/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Can you send the code you commented? I really need it.