Child browser plugin for blackberry

lakshman

Mar 26, 2012, 8:49:00 AM3/26/12
to phonegap
Hello Friends,

I am using phonegap 1.3.0 version for my application...

In my application i want to show browser field using child browser
plugin for blackberry...

i get the following error while running application

Type error:Result of expression window.plugins.childBrowser[undefined]
is not an object..

can anyone help me to avoid this problem

Regards,
Lakshmanan

Drew Walters

Mar 26, 2012, 8:52:49 AM3/26/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure you followed all the steps under "Adding the plugin to
your project":

https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugins/tree/master/BlackBerry/ChildBrowser

Are other phonegap API working?

> --
>
> For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

lakshman

Mar 26, 2012, 9:23:12 AM3/26/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Drew,

Thanks for your reply,

I create a directory com.phonegap.plugins.childbrowser in phonegap.1.3.0 jar file as told by that link...

I added childbrowser.js in my projects www folder and added phonegap.1.3.0.jar file in ext folder..

config.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets"
        xmlns:rim="http://www.blackberry.com/ns/widgets"
        version="1.0.0.0">
   <name>childbrowser</name>
   <action>access_shared</action>
   <permission>access_shared</permission>

   <content src="index.html"/>
   <access subdomains="true" uri="*" />

</widget>

plugins.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<plugins>
  <plugin name="App"            value="com.phonegap.app.App"/>
  <plugin name="Device"         value="com.phonegap.device.Device"/>
  <plugin name="Camera"         value="com.phonegap.camera.Camera"/>
  <plugin name="Network Status" value="com.phonegap.network.Network"/>
  <plugin name="Notification"   value="com.phonegap.notification.Notification"/>
  <plugin name="Accelerometer"  value="com.phonegap.accelerometer.Accelerometer"/>
  <plugin name="Geolocation"    value="com.phonegap.geolocation.Geolocation"/>
  <plugin name="File"           value="com.phonegap.file.FileManager"/>
  <plugin name="FileTransfer"   value="com.phonegap.http.FileTransfer"/>
  <plugin name="Contact"        value="com.phonegap.pim.Contact"/>
  <plugin name="MediaCapture"   value="com.phonegap.media.MediaCapture"/>
  <plugin name="Battery"        value="com.phonegap.battery.Battery"/>
  <plugin name="ChildBrowser"   value="com.phonegap.plugins.childbrowser.ChildBrowser"/>
</plugins>

Index.html

    <head>
        <!-- Change this if you want to allow scaling -->

            <title>HelloPhoneGap</title>
            <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="phonegap-1.3.0.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="www/childbrowser.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
                var childBrowser;

                function openChildBrowser()
                {
                    try {

                        window.plugins.ChildBrowser.showWebPage("http://www.google.com", { showLocationBar: true });
                    }
                    catch (err)
                    {
                        alert(err);
                    }
                }
                </script>
            </head>

While running this application i get Type error:Result of expression window.plugins.childBrowser[​undefined] is not an object..

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 7:49 AM, lakshman <lperu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>
> I am using phonegap 1.3.0 version for my application...
>
> In my application i want to show browser field using child browser
> plugin for blackberry...
>
> i get the following error while running application
>
> Type error:Result of expression window.plugins.childBrowser[​undefined]
> is not an object..
>
> can anyone help me to avoid this problem
>
> Regards,
> Lakshmanan

Drew Walters

Mar 26, 2012, 9:38:31 AM3/26/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Here are some things to look at that I noticed from a quick glance at your code:

1. If that is your complete config.xml file, then you are missing a
lot of permissions. I would recommend looking at the config.xml
provided in the sample/www folder in the phonegap download.

2. Your index.html is referencing www/childbrowser.js while the
phonegap reference is just phonegap-1.3.0.js. Is childbrowser.js
really in a different directory then phonegap-1.3.0.js and index.html?

3. In your sample code you have window.plugins.ChildBrowser instead of
window.plugins.childBrowser.

4. I would encourage you to verify that deviceready is firing as well.
That will confirm that PhoneGap has properly initialized. Here's one
way to restructure your code:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
content="width=device-width,height=device-height,initial-scale=1.0,user-scalable=no">

<title>HelloPhoneGap</title>
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"
src="phonegap-1.3.0.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"
src="www/childbrowser.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
var childBrowser;

function listenReady() {
document.addEventListener("deviceready",
openChildBrowser, true);
}

function openChildBrowser()
{
console.log("opening child browser");
try {

window.plugins.childBrowser.showWebPage("http://www.google.com", {

showLocationBar : true });
}
catch (err)
{
alert(err);
}
}
</script>
</head>

>> > phonegap+u...@googlegroups.com

>> > For more options, visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/phonegap?hl=en?hl=en
>> >
>> > For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
>

> --

> phonegap+u...@googlegroups.com

lakshmanaperumal Krishnamoorthy

Mar 28, 2012, 4:26:41 AM3/28/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Drew,

Thanks for ur reply,

I did all the things u said... the deviceready fn is firing.. But i cant open the webpage.. it shows me blank page....

Regards,
Lakshmanan

lakshman

Mar 28, 2012, 5:49:25 AM3/28/12
to phonegap
Drew,

I did all changes as per your suggestions.. Deviceready fn is firing..
now it didnt show me any error... But i get blank page when call
window.plugins.childbrowser.showWebPage(url)..

I elaborately explain here what i did in my application.

I created a new project.. it contains ext
folder,index.html,config.xml...

I copied my phonegap.1.3.0.jar file into ext folder...
In my jar i created a directory "plugins/childbrowser" within the
directory "com/phonegap" where i copied all my .java files...

I copied www folder which contains childbrowser.js and images into the
project.

In index.html i used your code..

I copied phonegap's config.xml contents into projects config.xml
file...

In plugin.xml file i added these lines
<plugin name="ChildBrowser"
value="com.phonegap.plugins.childbrowser.ChildBrowser"/>

I dont know where i made mistake...
Can you help me how to solve this problem...

My another question is

Using this plugin how to show the web page in the same window where
the firing is happened...

Regards,
Lakshmanan
> >>https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugins/tree/master/BlackBerry/C...
>
> >> Are other phonegap API working?

Drew Walters

Mar 28, 2012, 9:55:46 AM3/28/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
So you are now getting a blank page. Does it have the tool bar at the
top (back/forward buttons, URL location)? Does your device/simulator
have network connectivity?

lakshman

Mar 28, 2012, 12:11:24 PM3/28/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Drew,

I didnt get any toolbar at top of the screen... I got blank page only... My simulator has network connectivity... window.plugins.childbrowser.showWebPage(url,{showlocationbar:true}) is not working..i dont know where i made mistake... I tried another child browser plugin given on github by author rsweny... It is working perfectly...

I have another question to clarify..

How to open the webpage in the same window where the event is firing... i want to open the web page in  index.html page itself... i dont want new page.. Can u give me any suggestions...

Regards,
Lakshmanan

> [...]

lakshman

Mar 28, 2012, 12:15:48 PM3/28/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com

filmaj

Mar 28, 2012, 1:38:47 PM3/28/12
to phonegap
Make sure you have the remote webpage you are trying to load added to
your config.xml's access whitelist.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Common-BlackBerry-WebWorks-development-pitfalls-that-can-be/ta-p/624712

Drew Walters

Mar 28, 2012, 1:49:51 PM3/28/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I don't believe it is necessary to whitelist the URL loaded by the
child browser. However, in order to load the URL in the WebWorks
webview (same page) then you would need to whitelist it by adding it
to config.xml as Fil stated.

> --

> phonegap+u...@googlegroups.com

Drew Walters

Mar 28, 2012, 2:34:35 PM3/28/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Lakshmanan, are you by chance testing on an OS 7 simulator? For some
reason the OS 7 simulator gives me a blank screen (toolbar loads). OS
6 and OS 5 simulators work.

lakshmanaperumal Krishnamoorthy

Mar 29, 2012, 7:58:45 AM3/29/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Drew,

I am using 9800 simulator only.. It shows me blank screen...

My requirement is when i click a button it should open web page from child browser plugin in the same window(i.e) below the button itself..

I tried many methods.. but it all opens in the next window(i.e)new window...

lakshman

Mar 29, 2012, 8:09:37 AM3/29/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Drew,

I am using 9800 simulator only.. It shows me blank screen...

My requirement is when i click a button it should open web page from child browser plugin in the same window(i.e) below the button itself..

I tried many methods.. but it all opens in the next window(i.e)new window...

Regards,
lakshmanan

>> http://groups.google.com/group/phonegap?hl=en?hl=en
>>
>> For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

Drew Walters

Mar 29, 2012, 9:53:03 AM3/29/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
The ChildBrowser plugin is not designed to embed pages inside another pages.  Its purpose is to load content in another menu and provide a means for your app to be notified when new pages are loaded in that new window.

Would an iframe work for what you are trying to do?

Drew Walters

Jul 18, 2012, 1:48:48 PM7/18/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Please provide the full output of the build error.

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 4:58 AM, Ash <smithaupad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Drew,
>
> I am following the steps given in
> https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugins/tree/master/BlackBerry/C...
> link, in command line I am getting Build Successful when i run ant
> blackberry build command, but when I run ant blackberry load-simulator
> command I get Build failed and standardInstall does not exists error. I got
> stuck here please help me...
>
> Thanks and regards
> Ashwini
>
> --
>
> For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
>
> To compile in the cloud, check out build.phonegap.com

Ash

Jul 19, 2012, 1:24:10 AM7/19/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
ya it gives as build failed standardInstall does not exist.

  wrote:
> Hello Drew,
>
> I am following the steps given in
> https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugins/tree/master/BlackBerry/C...
> link, in command line I am getting Build Successful when i run ant
> blackberry build command, but when I run  ant blackberry load-simulator
> command I get Build failed and standardInstall does not exists error. I got
> stuck here please help me...
>
> Thanks and regards
> Ashwini

Drew Walters

Aug 13, 2012, 11:47:29 AM8/13/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
The key error is this one:

[exec] [ERROR] Feature cannot be found in any extension
(org.apache.cordova)

This typically means you don't have the proper cordova.jar in your
projects www/ext folder. Please verify you have the cordova.jar
located there and that you have added the ChildBrowser source code as
indicated in the Readme for the child browser plugin.

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Ashwini <upadhya....@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>

> package-app:
> [mkdir] Created dir:
> C:\Dev\phonegap-2.0.0\lib\blackberry\sample\build\widge
> [copy] Copying 13 files to
> C:\Dev\phonegap-2.0.0\lib\blackberry\sample\buil
> d\widget
> [zip] Building zip:
> C:\Dev\phonegap-2.0.0\lib\blackberry\sample\build\cord
> ovaExample.zip
>
> build:
> [exec] [INFO] Parsing command line options
> [exec] [INFO] Parsing bbwp.properties
> [exec] [INFO] Validating application archive
> [exec] [INFO] Parsing config.xml
> [exec] [WARNING] Failed to find the <author> element
> [exec] [INFO] Populating application source
> [exec] [ERROR] Feature cannot be found in any
> extension
> (org.apache.cordova)
>
> BUILD SUCCESSFUL
> Total time: 33 seconds
>
> C:\Dev\phonegap-2.0.0\lib\blackberry\sample>ant blackberry load-simulator
> Buildfile: C:\Dev\phonegap-2.0.0\lib\blackberry\sample\build.xml
>
> blackberry:
>
> load-simulator:
>
> generate-cod-name:
> [echo] Generated name: cordovaExample.cod
>
> clean:
> [delete] Deleting directory
> C:\Dev\phonegap-2.0.0\lib\blackberry\sample\build
>

> package-app:
> [mkdir] Created dir:
> C:\Dev\phonegap-2.0.0\lib\blackberry\sample\build\widge
> [copy] Copying 13 files to
> C:\Dev\phonegap-2.0.0\lib\blackberry\sample\buil
> d\widget
> [zip] Building zip:
> C:\Dev\phonegap-2.0.0\lib\blackberry\sample\build\cord
> ovaExample.zip
>
> build:
> [exec] [INFO] Parsing command line options
> [exec] [INFO] Parsing bbwp.properties
> [exec] [INFO] Validating application archive
> [exec] [INFO] Parsing config.xml
> [exec] [WARNING] Failed to find the <author> element
> [exec] [INFO] Populating application source
> [exec] [ERROR] Feature cannot be found in any
> extension
> (org.apache.cordova)
>
> load-simulator:
> [echo] Simulator directory=C:\BBWP\simpack\7.0.0.318
> [echo] Simulator directory=C:\BBWP\simpack\7.0.0.318
> [echo] Simulator executable=C:\BBWP\simpack\7.0.0.318/9930.bat
> [echo] Closing all running simulators...
> [exec] No sessions currently running.
> [exec] Result: 1
> [echo] MDS directory=C:\BBWP/mds
>
> BUILD FAILED
> C:\Dev\phonegap-2.0.0\lib\blackberry\sample\build.xml:50: The following
> error oc
> curred while executing this line:
> C:\Dev\phonegap-2.0.0\lib\blackberry\sample\blackberry.xml:152:
> C:\Dev\phonegap-
> 2.0.0\lib\blackberry\sample\build\StandardInstall does not exist.
>
> Total time: 27 seconds
>
> C:\Dev\phonegap-2.0.0\lib\blackberry\sample>

Ashwini

Aug 14, 2012, 5:01:58 AM8/14/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply Drew. I have a doubt that in phonegap plugins childbrowser readme , it is given that "Add the plugin source to your cordova.jar in your projects ext folder. The cordova.jar file is a jar of source code. Open cordova.jar with your favorite archive manager or use the jar command to create a directory called "org/apache/cordova/plugins/childbrowser" and copy the .java files into it.". For this I have extracted the cordova.2.0.0.jar file then added a folder named "org.apache.cordova.plugins.childbrowser". then I zipped the extracted folder which had .zip extension, then to covert into jar file, I replaced the word zip with jar. Is it where I have gone wrong? Actually I wanted to integrate facebook in blackberry using phonegap so I thought of doing in childbrowser.

Thanks and regards
Ashwini

Drew Walters

Aug 14, 2012, 11:13:30 AM8/14/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I would think that would work. Recommended way would be to use the jar
command that comes with java. Can you send me your cordova.jar file
and I'll take a look?

Ashwini

Aug 16, 2012, 12:10:00 AM8/16/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Drew,

Please find the attached jar file.

Thanks and regards
Ashwini
cordova.2.0.0.jar

Ashwini

Aug 16, 2012, 1:57:10 AM8/16/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Drew,

I have got know where I had gone wrong. Actually the folder creations in jar file wasn't proper and now I did it proper. In my simulator when I launch my app I am getting the error windows.plugin[undefined]. What may be the problem? I included the line   <plugin name="ChildBrowser"   value="org.apache.cordova.plugins.childbrowser.ChildBrowser"/>  in my plugins.xml  and I didn't change anything in config.xml. I have attached the modified jar file.
cordova.2.0.0.jar

Drew Walters

Aug 16, 2012, 12:20:35 PM8/16/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Ashwini, you're cordova.jar file is still not correct. You placed the
ChildBrowser code in a top level directory named
"org.apache.cordova.plugins.childbrowser". You need to place the code
inside of the existing folder structure in the jar file. The default
cordova.jar has a file structure with org/apache/cordova/. You should
create subdirectories beneath org/apache/cordova for
plugins/childbrowser. The plugin source should then be copied into the
file path of org/apache/cordova/plugins/childbrowser.

For the "windows.plugin[undefined]" error, are you including the
childbrowser.js file after the cordova.js file? Also, make sure you
have the latest version of childbrowser.js from github because I
updated it recently for 2.0.0 support.

Ashwini

Aug 17, 2012, 5:13:46 AM8/17/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much Drew for your help. I am getting the childbrowser :). Now using this childbrowser can I connect to facebook and have "sharing"  feature? How can I do this?

Thanks and regards
Ashwini

Drew Walters

Aug 17, 2012, 10:53:06 AM8/17/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I don't have any experience doing facebook auth, you might be able to
do something similar to the twitter authentication done in this
tutorial:

http://www.mobiledevelopersolutions.com/home/start/twominutetutorials/tmt5p1

Ashwini

Aug 19, 2012, 11:30:18 PM8/19/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Ok Drew fine thank you so much for your suggestions.

Regards
Ashwini

Ashwini

Aug 21, 2012, 8:13:13 AM8/21/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Any one using eclipse for Blackberry phonegap application development. What shall I do to get "Blackberry webworks project" while creating a new project in eclipse? I thought of following the link "http://vikaskanani.wordpress.com/2011/05/17/how-to-create-blackberry-webwork-phonegap-project-in-eclipse/", but I am not getting "Blackberry webworks project" while creating the project. Please help me.

in4p

Oct 9, 2012, 7:59:21 PM10/9/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hey Drew,

I've been trying to get the ChildBrowser plugin to work with the latest cordova for bb (https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-blackberry-webworks).

I've followed the directions making sure to include the js file, and insert the java files into the jar. But when I try to launch the childbrowser plugin, Cordova throws the following error:
Error: Status=2 Message=Class ChildBrowser cannot be found
It seems to be caused by the plugin manager (line 6240), not finding the ChildBrowser plugin in the plugin array. This despite adding the ChildBrowser plugin to the plugins.xml file.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks a ton!

in4p

Oct 21, 2012, 2:26:09 PM10/21/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
If you're trying to use the ChildBrowser plugin with either a BB10 or Playbook it won't work.  The existing ChildBrowser plugins only works for the Java based BB's (OS7 and down).

I realize it's not the answer your looking for, but hopefully it saves you some time.

On Saturday, October 20, 2012 9:09:06 PM UTC-4, Kolade Kehinde wrote:
I am trying to use the latest Childbrowser plugin with blackberry but I keep getting this error in firebug and chrome:
Firebug :TypeError: cordova.exec is not a function
"showWebPage", [url, options ]);

In Chrome with Ripple I get : TypeError: Cannot call method 'showWebPage' of undefined

I am actually checking to see if the childbrowser plugin is available before trying to use it but yet i still get this error, here is my code
if(window.plugins.childBrowser){ alert("loaded"); var cb = window.plugins.childBrowser; console.log(cb); cb.showWebPage('http://www.google.com',{ showLocationBar: true });} else{ alert("Not Available"); }
Please help!!! Thanks