Again, possibility of data loss (WebSQL and LocalStorage) in the next version of phonegap (2.2)

Sam

Oct 18, 2012, 5:08:36 PM10/18/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

In this bug report :
Phonegap wants to remove the backup on iCloud of WebSQL and localstorage, because they say that it's "not considered data generated by the user". Some people use this storage to cache data fetched from internet, but I am sure lot of people like me use the WebSQL to store user generated data (please confirm in this thread). If they apply their fix, users will loose again their precious data (when user upgrade iOS or change phone for example). I am sure I am not the only one wanting to reproduce the nightmare after iOS5.1 update where users lost their data, so please make some noise here or in the bug report.
And time is running, because phonegap 2.2 will be released soon.

Thanks,

Sam

jcesarmobile

Oct 18, 2012, 5:43:49 PM10/18/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I haven't read all the messages, but think they will only remove the backup to icloud, but the data won't be deleted, it's not the same that the iOS 5 delete the caches folder.
Now it wont be backed up, but won't be deleted either, as long as it's on the librarys folder.

Anyways, I think the best option is let the programmer to decide if he wants to back up to icloud or not

Sam

Oct 18, 2012, 5:51:08 PM10/18/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Yes I know, it's not exactly the same that the iOS5.1 bug, but phonegap 2.2 will no longer be backup, and by experience, I know that a lot of user loose their apps data, and they are very happy to restore them from iCloud or iTunes.

I totally agree with you, they should have an option to specify whether we need backup or not

zSprawl

Oct 18, 2012, 6:24:41 PM10/18/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
It looks we are getting an option according to the thread. I certainly like this feature.

"I'll add a flag to chose which option you want, and post back on details tomorrow."

Sam

Oct 19, 2012, 10:22:34 AM10/19/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it was not easy, but now they took the right decision. The 2.2RC1 doesn't include that feature yet.

高建华

Oct 22, 2012, 8:36:47 AM10/22/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
our app in AppStore has the same problem, it lost all localStorage when running in iOS5.0.1.

在 2012年10月19日星期五UTC+8上午5时08分36秒,Sam写道: