Problem Creating BlackBerry project with PhoneGap 2.6.0

johnwargo

Apr 10, 2013, 4:26:46 PM4/10/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I just downloaded PhoneGap 2.6.0 and I'm trying to create a BlackBerry project using the command line tools and I'm having some trouble.  If I read the instructions that come with the download, it tells me that on BlackBerry I should just copy the existing example file to a new folder and use that for my project. It says:

"The blackberry directory contains several directories. The example folder contains a complete Cordova project. Copy the example folder to another location on your computer."

But how much fun is that.

When I read the readme.md file that is found in the PhoneGap BlackBerry folder it says that I can create a project using the following command:

"./bin/create [path appname packagename]"

Which doesn't happen to work on Windows, but I guess that's not important.

so, If I open a command prompt and navigate to the phonegap installation's blackberry folder and issue the following command:

bin\create.bat c:\dev\test99 helloworld com.jwargo.helloworld

I get an error that says:

"c:\phonegap-2.6.0\lib\blackberry\bin\create.js>53, 13> Microsoft JScript runtime error: Path Not Found"

Looking at the JavaScript file I see that the error is being generated by this line:

fso.CreateFolder(libsPath);

I've tried all sorts of permutations of the command line and I get the same error.

Now, if I sit at the PhoneGap BlackBerry folder and issue the following command:

ant create -Dproject.path=c:\dev\test99

It works beautifully and creates the new project in the test99 folder as expected.

so, can someone help me understand what's going on here? Why have the command line tools if you're not supposed to use them and/or they don't work as documented?

John M. Wargo
www.johnwargo.com
www.phonegapessentials.com

johnwargo

Apr 10, 2013, 4:31:06 PM4/10/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Actually, there's a create file in the same folder as the create.bat and the create.js file and it says that the command should be:

./create [path package appname]

which contradicts the documentation in readme.md.

Shazron

Apr 10, 2013, 5:23:09 PM4/10/13
to phonegap

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

To compile in the cloud, check out build.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.