Why phoenix is so slow in this benchmark?

Eugeniu Tambur

Mar 13, 2016, 3:25:49 PM3/13/16
to phoenix-talk
Hi all, can someone tell me why phoenix framework is so slow in this benchmark : https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/

And has a lot of errors ( 162,526 ).

the results are very different from my expectations.

But I do not understand why.
this result is correct?

Chris McCord

Mar 13, 2016, 3:27:41 PM3/13/16
to phoeni...@googlegroups.com
We don't know what caused the errors and unfortunately we didn't have a chance to collaborate with them on a true run. A few months ago they added Phoenix in a preview, but it was a very poor implementation. They were testing JSON benchmarks through the :browser pipeline, complete with crsf token generation. They had a dev DB pool size of 10, where other frameworks were given of pool size of 100. And they also had heavy IO logging, where other frameworks did no logging. We sent a PR to address these issues, and I was hoping to see true results in the latest runs, but no preview was provided this time and we weren't able to work with them on the errors.

tldr; these results are not representative of the framework.