PhantomJS 1.9.0 "Sakura"

Ariya Hidayat

Mar 22, 2013, 12:03:30 PM3/22/13
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

I've tagged version 1.9.0. Please allow a few days for everything else
(web site, packages, docs, …) to get updated.

If you want to download the binaries, just watch the official page:
http://phantomjs.org/download.html.

And since this happens for *every* single release, let me repeat it
again: there is NO NEED to bug/tweet/ping/poke/punch/bother anyone
asking when a binary package is available. It's happening, so just
relax, point your favorite browser to that page, click the Refresh
button once a while.

Thanks!

Regards,

--
Ariya Hidayat, http://ariya.ofilabs.com
http://twitter.com/ariyahidayat

Ariya Hidayat

Mar 23, 2013, 5:40:37 PM3/23/13
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Why Sakura?

In early 2010, it came to my mind that predictable, time-based
releases will be the best for our users. Since the project was still
in its early stage anyway, there wasn't really any harm of trying it
out. Here we are, 2 years later, with a few releases aligned with the
seasons, reaching over half a million official downloads.

We do agree that this release should mark the end of the 1.x series.
Going forward, we'll switch to Qt 5 and use the chance to boot the
all-new 2.0. For such a closing release, it just makes sense to pick
something related to the first code name ever given (exercise for the
reader), hence why 1.9 is called "Sakura".

Ariya Hidayat

Mar 23, 2013, 6:39:50 PM3/23/13
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Obviously I meant "early 2011", my aging memory played tricks on me again...