OSX static build vs. text codecs

Alessandro Portale

Apr 3, 2012, 1:50:09 PM4/3/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mac users,

could someone of you confirm or contradict the description "may not
support various text encodings" on the OSX package download page? See:
http://code.google.com/p/phantomjs/downloads/detail?name=phantomjs-1.5.0-macosx-static.zip

You can verify it by running the autotests in the PhantomJS
repository: "phantom test/runtests.js". It would be great to know
whether the "Should support text codec XYZ" tests pass. If they don't,
we may be able to easily fix that, just like I did for the latest
static Windows build:
http://github.com/aportale/phantomjs/commit/9e328529306b65769c76b588f8d149a7815debf7
If the tests do pass, we should fix the warning on the download page :)

Thanks,
Alessandro

lZl

Nov 29, 2012, 8:38:08 AM11/29/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com, alessandr...@googlemail.com
Your patch became obsoleted?
https://github.com/ariya/phantomjs/pull/347

Alessandro Portale

Nov 29, 2012, 9:26:15 AM11/29/12
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:38:08 PM UTC+1, lZl wrote:
Your patch became obsoleted?
https://github.com/ariya/phantomjs/pull/347

It does not seem to have been removed. The static linking of the codec plugins is still there:
... but it is still just for Windows.

(I assume Ariya meant another patch by me which got luckily obsoleted. That was a about dirty hack against link errors.)