Announcement: PhantomJS 2.1

Ariya Hidayat

Jan 24, 2016, 11:28:40 PM1/24/16
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!

On behalf of the brave PhantomJS team, I am pleased to announce the
availability of PhantomJS 2.1! To get the binaries, please follow the
instructions on the website, http://phantomjs.org. A short release
note is also available there.

Also, in case you missed it, January 23 2016 was the 5th birthday of
PhantomJS! A ghost won't be able to offer you a birthday cake, but I
believe that a new release is a proper sugar-free substitute :-)

Now, it's time for a release and birthday party...

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Ariya Hidayat

Alexander Baumgertner

Jan 25, 2016, 3:09:13 AM1/25/16
to phantomjs
Great news!

Where can I have a look at release notes? (diff from 2.0.0)

Thank you!

Darren Cook

Jan 25, 2016, 3:56:53 AM1/25/16
to phan...@googlegroups.com
> Where can I have a look at release notes? (diff from 2.0.0)

There might be another, more official, URL, but the change log can be
found here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ariya/phantomjs/master/ChangeLog

I suppose the Qt upgrade might be hiding other new features:
https://github.com/ariya/phantomjs/issues/13377

>> availability of PhantomJS 2.1! To get the binaries, ...

Thanks developers, great work! The lack of a binary release in 2.0.0 was
one of the blocks on CasperJS support, so hopefully that can move ahead now.

Darren

Alexander Baumgertner

Jan 25, 2016, 5:46:42 AM1/25/16
to phantomjs
Great!

Thank you very much!

Duarte Cunha Leão

Jan 25, 2016, 9:26:25 AM1/25/16
to phantomjs
Hi Ariya,

will there be an npm release? https://www.npmjs.com/package/phantomjs

Thanks!

Ariya Hidayat

Jan 25, 2016, 10:26:56 AM1/25/16
to phan...@googlegroups.com
For the n-th time, npm package of PhantomJS is not from this project.
Please check https://github.com/Medium/phantomjs.

I also urge everyone to propose to that project (Medium/phantomjs):

* to make it clear in its README that this npm package is not from the
official PhantomJS project
* to rename it something else, e.g. phantomjs-installer (because really, it is)

I've tried in the past (https://github.com/Medium/phantomjs/issues/10)
to no avail. With the accumulated confusion from everyone and/or the
time to explain this again and again, I think we all should give it a
try again.

Thank you!
> --

Ariya Hidayat, http://ariya.ofilabs.com

Xeo Show

Mar 3, 2016, 1:27:00 AM3/3/16
to phantomjs
Great news! Does this version support winxp platform? Thanks.

在 2016年1月25日星期一 UTC+8下午11:26:56,Ariya Hidayat写道:

Xeo Show

Mar 3, 2016, 2:08:17 AM3/3/16
to phantomjs
Actually just tried, not supported in winxp platform, which is just the platform we need, it will tell "invalid win32 application".

So, How can I compile the phantomjs exe to make it work on winxp platform? Seems related to QT 5.5 version?

Any help is highly appreciated!

在 2016年3月3日星期四 UTC+8下午2:27:00,Xeo Show写道: