+ Charlotte Gräfin Szapary

Michael Rhodes

Feb 11, 2012, 6:30:10 AM2/11/12
to peerag...@googlegroups.com
Charlotte Gräfin Szapary (nee Star Busmann) died in Vienna on 8th February 2012. The funeral will take place in Dobersberg, Austria on 15th February at 2 pm. A Service of Thanksgiving will be held at Christ Church, Vienna, on 16th February at 6 pm.

Richard R

Feb 11, 2012, 6:52:22 AM2/11/12
to Peerage News
I saw this but couldn't connect her to the families of whom we treat.
What is the connection? Thanks

On Feb 11, 11:30 am, Michael Rhodes <mig73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>

Michael Rhodes

Feb 11, 2012, 7:28:47 AM2/11/12
to peerag...@googlegroups.com
I sometimes sneak a foreign departure in!

Richard R

Feb 11, 2012, 7:32:20 AM2/11/12
to Peerage News
OK thanks. I'm ignorant on our wider European cousins, so what's the
gen on this (German, Austrian?) noble house?

On Feb 11, 12:28 pm, Michael Rhodes <mig73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>

Olivier

Feb 11, 2012, 8:04:16 AM2/11/12
to peerag...@googlegroups.com
She was the granddaughter-in-law of Fürst Alfred zu Windish-Grätz (1851-1927).

marquess

Feb 11, 2012, 8:13:04 AM2/11/12
to Peerage News
Just out of interest if a German/Austrian countess or princess by
birth marries a commoner, will she still retain her title but with the
use of her husband's name, say in the style of a marquess's or earl's
daughter? Or if a German/Austrian princess by birth were to marry a
count, would she then be princess, with her husband's title name?

Turenne

Feb 11, 2012, 9:27:03 AM2/11/12
to Peerage News
I suppose that technically speaking, there is a tenuous peerage/royal
connection between the countess and an English peer.

1. Lord Frederick Windsor: born on 6 Apr 1979 in London

SECOND GENERATION

2. Prince Michael Windsor of Kent: born on 4 Jul 1942 in Coppins,
Iver, Bucks; married on 30 Jun 1978 in Wien

3. Baroness Marie Christine von Reibnitz: born on 15 Jan 1945 in
Karlsbad

THIRD GENERATION

4. 1st Duke George Windsor of Kent: born on 20 Dec 1902 in Sandringham
House; married on 29 Nov 1934 in London; died on 25 Aug 1942 in
Morven, Scotland

5. Princess Marina of Greece & Denmark: born on 13 Dec 1906 in Athens,
Greece; died on 24 Aug 1968 in London

6. Freiherr Guenther-Hubertus von Reibnitz: born on 8 Sep 1894 in
Mistitz; married on 17 Dec 1941 in Breslau; died on 2 Feb 1983 in
Breitbrunn am Chiemsee

7. Countess Maria Anna Szapary de Muraszombath Szechysziget et Szapar:
born on 2 Aug 1911 in Baden bei Wien; died on 17 Apr 1988 in Sydney,
NSW, Australia

As far as marquess's question is concerned; an example would be
Princess Stephanie of Windisch-Graetz, who married Dermot Blundell-
Hollinshead-Blundell. She would have been known as Princess Stephanie
of Windisch-Graetz, Mrs Dermot Blundell-Hollinshead-Blundell.

RL

Richard R

Feb 11, 2012, 10:30:14 AM2/11/12
to Peerage News
Quite an interesting connection, however tenuous!

I've had a mini trawl on the 'net.

She was b Utrecht 7 Mar 1932. She m 1957 Ladislaus (László) Peter
Maria Gabriel Antonius Benedikt Bonaventura Gf Szápáry (Altmünster 12
Jul 1910-Dobersberg 22 Jul 1998). The had 2 sons and a dau:

1. Nikolaus Friedrich Eduard Maria Gabriel (b.Vienna 30 May 1959);
m.Wald, Lower Austria 1 Jul 1990 Pss Stephanie von Auersperg (b.Buenos
Aires 17 Apr 1964) and had issue:
1.1 Maximilian Ladislaus Karl (b.Barcelona 29 Jun 1991)
1.2 Louis (b.Vienna 4 May 1993)
1.3 Paul (b.Vienna 29 Jul 1994)

2. Peter (b.Vienna 3 Oct 1963); m.Sylvia van Kleef and had issue:
2.1 Sebastian Laszlo Emanuel (b.28 Jul 1998)
2.1 Antonia Victoria Ariana (b.18 May 1997)
2.2 Tatiana Gabriella Margareta (b.5 Jan 2000)

1. Christina Teresa Maria (b.Vienna 19 Jun 1958); m.1st Vienna 29 Aug
1979 (div 1981) Hubertus Gf Czernin v.Chudenitz (b.Vienna 17 Jan
1956); m.2d Hinderthal 5 Dec 1982 Alessandro Spitzy

Source: http://www.almanachdegotha.org/id202.html

Richard R

Feb 11, 2012, 11:19:49 AM2/11/12
to Peerage News
And Leo's site has an overwhelmingly comprehensive ancestry for the
lady. A quick glance justifies her place on this site. To name but of
a few of the many things to be found: a descent from Adela (d 1138) d
of The Conqueror. A separate descent from Edward the Elder (899-925)
and other pre-conquest kings. From the early kings of France,
Lotharingia, Hungary, Sweden & Denmark and Holy Roman Emperors. From
the Dukes of Upper AND Lower Lorraine, the counts of Anjou & St Pol,
the Grand Dukes of Kieve, Dukes of Holland & Luxemburg. Too much to
list here. Take a look at the link below.
Her paternal line, the Busmanns, is proved back to c1530, with other ?
Dutch families proved as far back if not earlier (Alberdas to 1400s
and Lewes to 1100s).

http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00002421&tree=LEO

Dennis Cunniff

Feb 11, 2012, 2:10:35 PM2/11/12
to peerag...@googlegroups.com

On Feb 11, 2012, at 10:30 AM, Richard R wrote:

> 1. Christina Teresa Maria (b.Vienna 19 Jun 1958); m.1st Vienna 29 Aug
> 1979 (div 1981) Hubertus Gf Czernin v.Chudenitz (b.Vienna 17 Jan
> 1956); m.2d Hinderthal 5 Dec 1982 Alessandro Spitzy

As Hubertus Czernin, he was a well-known Austrian journalist who was instrumental in passing Austria's Art Restitution Law which helped families recover artwork seized by Nazis, and which eventuated in the return of five Klimt paintings to Maria Altmann, and the return of less famous works to hundreds of families. His Boston Globe obituary is here: <http://www.boston.com/news/globe/obituaries/articles/2006/06/16/hubertus_czernin_50_tracked_looted_art/>

DJC