Area Furry Groups on teh Google

Bennet Fox

Dec 23, 2010, 8:55:48 PM12/23/10
to PDXFurs Snark
Someone asked for this list on IRC tonite so I figured I'd repost it
here:

PDXFurs_Snark Group: http://groups.google.com/group/pdxfurs_snark
Corvalis Furs: http://groups.google.com/group/corvallisfurrs
Eugene Furs: http://groups.google.com/group/eugeneorfurs
Salem Furs: http://groups.google.com/group/salem-furrs
Southern Oregon Furs: http://groups.google.com/group/southern-oregon-furs

chris cochran

Dec 23, 2010, 8:58:20 PM12/23/10
to pdxfur...@googlegroups.com

Is there one for all of Oregon? That would be a lot easier to use if trying to organize state wide events.

Bennet Fox

Dec 23, 2010, 9:02:01 PM12/23/10
to pdxfur...@googlegroups.com
Not that I am aware of ... Not a bad idea though.

chris cochran

Dec 23, 2010, 9:03:03 PM12/23/10
to pdxfur...@googlegroups.com

You should make one uncle Bennet. Lol

Koinu

Dec 23, 2010, 9:04:38 PM12/23/10
to pdxfur...@googlegroups.com
I'd suggest against it because it isn't a big deal to send an email to
a number of mailing lists. Also, for state-wide events the majority of
the chatter would likely be ride-share stuff, and that's inherently
better suited to the more local lists.

--
Koinu

Bennet Fox

Dec 23, 2010, 9:09:32 PM12/23/10
to pdxfur...@googlegroups.com
Do you have any ideas that would fulfill such a need?

chris cochran

Dec 23, 2010, 9:11:19 PM12/23/10
to pdxfur...@googlegroups.com

So we can begin the furry final solution of normal people...?

Koinu

Dec 23, 2010, 9:11:56 PM12/23/10
to pdxfur...@googlegroups.com
The way things currently are is pretty reasonable. You just join the
groups for all the areas that you have an interest and/or the ability
to visit, and for people planning an event they just send their
announcement emails to all the area-lists they think their event is
relevant to. It's not complicated at all.

--
Koinu

Artemis Vulpes

Dec 23, 2010, 9:14:30 PM12/23/10
to pdxfur...@googlegroups.com
I usually end up hearing about the various meets across the state from just keeping my eyes and ears open. But, hey, if someone wants to make a straight up Oregon Furs group somewhere all the more power to them.

Renard

Dec 23, 2010, 9:49:23 PM12/23/10
to pdxfur...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Koinu.  A statewide message board or mailing list would be redundant and ultimately would be underutilized and become a dead space.  I get messages from pdxfurs, snark, salem, and eugene in my email.  Works fine for me.

-Renard

Tulku Rinzen

Dec 23, 2010, 10:24:12 PM12/23/10
to pdxfur...@googlegroups.com
The key is reducing the number available communication channels so those which are available are utilized.

Tulku

Chris the Stampede

Jul 30, 2012, 4:40:05 PM7/30/12
to pdxfur...@googlegroups.com
Is it just me or does the Corvallis link not work?

Acton Rand Schaeffer

Jul 30, 2012, 10:46:27 PM7/30/12
to pdxfur...@googlegroups.com

Because of some drama  the Corvallis group moved and changed. It’s now the Benton county furs.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/benton-county-furries