WebViewer Content Protection?

Matt Parizeau

Jun 21, 2013, 5:44:38 PM6/21/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Q:

If we implement WebViewer "as is", the client can get a direct link to the XOD file and afterwards can pirate it using the WebViewer as a tool to get access to this file. Are there ways of protecting against this?

For content protection we provide the option to encrypt your XOD files with 128 bit AES encryption.  The password must then be provided to the WebViewer when it is loading the encrypted document.  You can reference our encryption sample in the WebViewer download to see an example of a popup dialog that asks for a password to be input, but for actual use you will probably want to replace this with a call to your server.  Encrypted XOD files can be created with Cloud API, DocPub and PDFNet.  Refer to each of their specific documentation for further details.

Support

Dec 10, 2013, 4:30:38 PM12/10/13

  • If you are using DocPub, use --xod_encrypt_password  (e.g. docpub -f xod --xod_encrypt_password "my secret pass" )

  • If you are using PDFNet SDK, use XPSOutputOptions.SetEncryptPassword() which you pass-in the call to pdftron.PDF.Convert.ToXod()