PDFTron Mobile Supported Fonts

Ryan

Aug 8, 2014, 4:54:41 PM8/8/14
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com
Q:

I'm looking for a list of supported fonts that PDFTron can use on both the iPad Mini and Android Tablets.

I'm creating editable PDF's that a user can fill in fields on an iPad. Please reply with a list of Supported fonts. This will be greatly appreciated.

Fonts on Android are very problematic, and I don't think there are any guaranteed font available on all devices, and certainly not one that is on iOS also.

For iOS fonts that shipped see the following link, of course this could change with future iOS releases: iosfonts.com

Fortunately, the PDF specification has 14 fonts that all conforming PDF readers are supposed to provide. PDFNet provides these 14 fonts, so they area available for both iOS and Android.

These are:
Times-Roman, Helvetica, Courier, Symbol, Times-Bold, Helvetica-Bold, Courier-Bold, ZapfDingbats, Times-Italic, Helvetica-Oblique, Courier-Oblique, Times-BoldItalic, Helvetica-BoldOblique, Courier-BoldOblique