How to I build PDFNet SDK samples on Mac OSX or on Linux?

Support

Feb 6, 2007, 6:05:15 PM2/6/07
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
Q: How to I build PDFNet SDK samples on Mac OSX or on Linux?
----

A:
You don't need anything other than GCC compiler (3.4.x or 4.x). You
can compile samples from command-line as follows.

cd /pdfnet/Samples
./buildall.sh - to build all samples.
./runall.sh - to run all samples.

The above shell scripts use Boost build system (http://www.boost.org/
tools/build/v2/index.html) to make tiny bit easier to compile the
samples.

Of course you can compile and link files without any build system or
makefiles. For example

Assuming you are using GCC 4:
gcc -I /PDFNetDemo/Headers/ -L /PDFNetDemo/Lib /usr/lib/ EditText.cpp
-lPDFNetRelease_gcc4 -lpthread

Assuming you are using GCC 3:
gcc -I /PDFNetDemo/Headers/ -L /PDFNetDemo/Lib /usr/lib/ EditText.cpp
-lPDFNetRelease_gcc3 -lpthread

For a quick tutorial on GCC command line syntax, please see
http://galton.uchicago.edu/~gosset/Compdocs/gcc.html